AVIC411.com

Who is is willing to sue Pioneer along with me?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all!!

Just got a refund from my dealer today. And got a clarion MAX983HD installed. Now THAT'S a good navigation system. Startup almost instant. Much more user-friendly. Even more functionalities. And I haven't found one single bug (yet :smile: ), where I had found many the first day on my Pioneer.

Sorry to all persons that are frustrated with their Pioneer device. Thanks for your support. I sincerely hope you can find a decent arrangement with your dealer too.

To all the others that are happy, pretend to be happy or force themselves to be happy, good luck with your f-series.

And last but not least to my dear Diane. Count to ten slowly again and say: 'I should not feel offend this quickly'. I never felt offend myself, even though some people write in a rather direct way, and I never intended to offend anyone either, nor did my quality of life go down because of the purchase of the f-series, I'm just being honest with myself, try to have eye for detail and stand up for my rights, and this all while having fun. That's all.

This said, I have to say this is a great forum with lots of interesting visitors. And I have visited it with great interest every single time. Keep up the good work!!! Hope I can find a similar one for my Clarion. However I doubt it. That, I guess, is the negative side of a device that is working well...

I miss him already. PLEASE COME BACK TO US!!!!

Hi all!!

Just got a refund from my dealer today. And got a clarion MAX983HD installed. Now THAT'S a good navigation system.

And last but not least to my dear Diane. Count to ten slowly again and say: 'I should not feel offend this quickly'. I never felt offend myself, even though some people write in a rather direct way, and I never intended to offend anyone either, nor did my quality of life go down because of the purchase of the f-series, I'm just being honest with myself, try to have eye for detail and stand up for my rights, and this all while having fun. That's all.

Enjoy the Clarion, and don't let the door hit you on the way out...

My 2008 Subaru Impreza was totaled 3 weeks ago. In it I had the factory nav system, and it was absolutely flawless. It was booted up, routing you, phone connected and playing audio in less than 10 seconds of turning on the car. Routing was accurate atleast 90% of the time, Bluetooth worked perfectly, had wonderful graphics, could set it to point in the direction you're driving or north, hacking it for nav/dvd while in motion was simple. I never tried the ipod connection and never added a backup camera to it but based on the rest of the system, I bet those would work great as well. The system was manufactured by Clarion. The only problem with the factory nav was that it was only available as a $2000 add-on to the $2500 premium package which I opted not not to get this time around.

I replaced the 2008 Impreza with a 2009 Impreza and instead of getting the $4500 premium w/ nav, I decided to install speakers, heated seats and nav myself. This was largely based on a non-premium being available that day versus waiting 2 months to order a premium in my color and options and insurance refusing to pay for my rental for longer than 3 days after the totaled verdict on my car.

I did some research between the kenwood 5120 and the pioneer 900bt. Ultimately I ended up with a 700bt for only $450 shipped as the price and options were great. I had seen several complaints prior to the 2.0 update, and was under the impression that 2.0 made it a decent system. Man was I wrong. I couldn't be any more unhappy with my purchase. This system is a total flop, and I think the only people that think it has improved are those that used it prior to 2.0 and saw the major improvements made. Fact is, 2.0 or not, this thing is crap, plain and simple.

$450 is not a lot to spend for a working nav, but this thing doesn't. I bet I would have been much happier with a $200 portable garmin. If there was a class action suit filed, I would be signing it for sure. Not to get my money back but to put the pressure on pioneer, make them loose some stock and warn future buyers.

The F-series is not the only one with flaws. Today, my mother-in-law asked me to update her z2 with the latest firmware. I played with the unit for a bit and it was just as bad as the f-series. She had nothing good to say of it either. To top it off, the system would not recognized the update on the cd-r and update. I burned 2 cds following pioneers directions to the t.

I own or have owned tons of pioneer a/v equipment (car audio systems, cd players, crt's, plasmas, a/v receivers), but after my experiences with the f700bt and z2 I will never consider another nav from them, and I will definitely be eary of any other car audio or home a/v equipment by them.

I have had my F90-BT installed for about a month and I have read many of the posts before and after I had my Navi installed.

I do think that the suggestion of a class-action lawsuit against Pioneer is a bit premature. But I also feel that ALL of us should hold their "Feet To The Fire" by giving them ALL of the feedback from our individual experiences.

It would be nice if one of us would contact upper management at the Pioneer AVIC Tech Support Department and request a one place point of contact that could be posted on AVIC411...a place where ALL of our issues would funnel to the same person/place at Pioneer with hopes that they care enough to resolve most of the key and common problems. Also offering Pioneer a place on AVIC411 to keep ALL of us informed on what they are doing to take care of these issues and thier timeline.

It's interesting to read the spectrum of consumers posting here...from the most passive that are willing to put up with the many flaws in the product to the extreme of starting a lawsuit, as well as everyone in-between.

I have been in business for over 27 years selling name brand telephone systems. My experience has been that the better, higher quality manufacturers do spend a lot of money on quality control of their products. Once in awhile even the best companies release a product that isn't quite perfected, but usually do correct the "bugs" when they are brought to their attention.

We all have to step back and realize that there is a lot of technology built into a Navi System like the AVIC Units...and these are not just Navigation Systems, but also AM-FM-Ipod-CD/DVD Players, Bluetooth and more. There's also compatibility issues that need to be accounted for.

I want to make it clear that I am not in any way defending Pioneer and I am not very happy about the imperfections and quirky-ness of my F90-BT Unit. It is very frustrating with the rediculousy slow boot-up time, the touch-pad not working perfect, the Bluetooth issues and all of the other issues that WE are experiencing.

I'm hoping WE can ALL work WITH Pioneer in making the AVIC Units the very best products of their type in the industry. Let's see if WE can work Together!!

Seeing as how the op has already returned his nav and got the clarion installed, there were a few (myself included) that would support him in a class action. However, I don't think anyone else is so inclined to start the process over.

I do not think that 'count your losses' is the correct attitude. Companies shouldn't be pushing this crap to the public. As long as we accept it, they will continue to do it. As the previous poster says, instead of just complaining on a forum no one at pioneer could care less about, we all need to contact them with the specific issues that each of us are experiencing. Hopefully they care enough about their existing customers to release a new update. If not they will just push it to end of life and start on the next version to rip us off with. I will be doing my part, but seriously, this is a very lackluster product and I don't think I will keep it around long enough to see a new update.

It's too late to save me as a future customer for pioneer in-dash navigation systems. I know I have their lowest end model, but their highest end model was just as unimpressive. Even for the low price I paid, I feel ripped off and taken advantage of as a consumer.

Hi all!!

Just got a refund from my dealer today. And got a clarion MAX983HD installed. Now THAT'S a good navigation system. Startup almost instant. Much more user-friendly. Even more functionalities. And I haven't found one single bug (yet :smile: ), where I had found many the first day on my Pioneer.

Sorry to all persons that are frustrated with their Pioneer device. Thanks for your support. I sincerely hope you can find a decent arrangement with your dealer too.

To all the others that are happy, pretend to be happy or force themselves to be happy, good luck with your f-series.

This said, I have to say this is a great forum with lots of interesting visitors. And I have visited it with great interest every single time. Keep up the good work!!! Hope I can find a similar one for my Clarion. However I doubt it. That, I guess, is the negative side of a device that is working well...

Mastrch,

I am happy that you were able to return the unit. However, in reading your first post you said that this was not about the money but to get Pioneer to not release a product that was inferior or incomplete. Was your intent of the class action law suit just to get the purchase price back? Are you going to pursue this law suit now that you have received a refund?

I'm in the debating phase right now and appreciate all the input from this board. Honestly, the AVIC411 forums are one of the biggest selling points of this unit.

we all need to contact them with the specific issues that each of us are experiencing. Hopefully they care enough about their existing customers to release a new update.

Members did do that already, there are threads upon threads of members posting their experience with pioneer tech. The same answer every time was "your unit needs to be sent in", regardless of the problem. They don't care and shoving these problems down their throat won't do a singe thing.

I bet if we looked on some MAX983HD forum soon you will be on there bitching and moaning as well. Good riddance.

Hi all!!

I doubt that. A person like you will always find things to complain about no matter what. And it will only get worse as you age. Then you will die lonely and miserable. Enjoy your clarion for the moment. I will continue to convince myself that my f90 is an awesome unit. In fact I just convinced my self it is better than your Clarion:)

All give Mastrch some credit.

What I have found in reading the hundreds of posts on the F series, Z series etc. over the last year or so is a majority of posters think second best is a "Winner".

Only a fool would excpet sub-par performance. You know what they say, "Winners get to F' the prom queen, losers look at the prom queens picture"

All admit I have been a Pioneer die hard for more years then I care to remember. In fact I was one of the first people in the US to get the first SuperTuner in the mid 70's when they came out.

If any of you had taken the time as I did to look at the Clarion MAX983HDD you would have first discovered the unit is not sold in the US only in Europe. Any sight that talks about it, raves about it. Especially the Porsche guys. A link to the manual for those that are interested in seeing all its features. http://www.clarion.com/mt/en/MungoBlobs ... -ENG,9.pdf

To bad it's not available in the US.

I found a bunch of Videos from varies countries and it looks like a great unit. One thing for sure it fires right up and has a lighting fast touch screen. (FWIW)

Boy, I never even dreamt of my messages invoking this much response. :cool:

1600+ reads in not even 4 days... Or a person reading this post every 3 minutes!!

I just came back out of curiousity and for entertainment to this forum and see many, many people still have replied to my post. Jeez, guys, stop forcing yourselves to believe the F-series are the best navigation system ever. It's a free world...

And for those of you that want to see the MAX983HD at work to compare and have your eyes opened. (Sorry if you live in the US, it's not for sale in the US)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_t ... 983HD&aq=f

In a nutshell

Fantastic split screens in navigation mode.

Lane assist view

Lightning fast respons

Almost instant startup time

and so on...

P.S. Trust me I won't be complaining about this GPS system. It really works too well for that. No need to look for a Clarion forum either. No hack/mods/troubleshooting needed. The device delivers exactly what is promises...

MadMonkey. Thanks for your support. Guess you, along with the other persons that were constructive are the only ones in here that are being honest with himself.

To the others, have fun looking at the prom queen's picture :D:D:D

This will be my last post on this forum. I'll move on with my Clarion GPS now. ;-);-)