AVIC411.com

XM January 2009 Logo Update...D/N/F/Z series!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the BMP file names supposed to match the channel numbers of the logos they contain? The reason I ask is that after opening a few of the BMP files on my pc, I notice that some of them do not match.

For instance:

lps025.bmp shows the Bridge logo. Yet, ch25 is the Blend channel.

lps027 shows Cinemagic logo, but ch27 is The Bridge.

lps028 shows On Broadway, but ch28 is Escape.

I haven't loaded them into my F700 yet. So, I don't know if those map correctly. I had only noticed that the logos don't match the channel numbers indicated in the file names.

On my D3, the categories display exactly as follows:

Rock (icon works)

Christian (icon works)

Country (icon works)

Pop (icon works)

More Music

Traffic/Weather

Religion

Entertainment

Comedy

Sports

Talk/News

Family & Health

Classical

Latin/World

Dance/Electronic

Jazz/Standards

Hip-Hop/R&B (icon works)

I have only one idea at what might be causing this. There are gaps in the category ID sequence as some IDs are not used, this has never occurred before, so I've never seen an ImageTbl.DAT file with it. Usually the unused entries are all zero. Since the D3 category images are working for all IDs before the first gap, it could be there needs to be some kind of dummy entry in for unused IDs.

Since I don't have a D3 I can't test this theory, but since there have been a couple more XM line changes so I'm gonna try to get a new pack together by next weekend that will have this fix. No sense in burning another DVD to try this fix without at least getting the channel updates in.

Are the BMP file names supposed to match the channel numbers of the logos they contain? The reason I ask is that after opening a few of the BMP files on my pc, I notice that some of them do not match.

For instance:

lps025.bmp shows the Bridge logo. Yet, ch25 is the Blend channel.

lps027 shows Cinemagic logo, but ch27 is The Bridge.

lps028 shows On Broadway, but ch28 is Escape.

I haven't loaded them into my F700 yet. So, I don't know if those map correctly. I had only noticed that the logos don't match the channel numbers indicated in the file names.

No...the numbers on the logo files are what I've been calling "station ID" number (I've yet to discover the official name for this number). It is an internal number XM assign to stations and is the number used stored for internal saved station presets or favorites. The arrangement lets XM re-assign channel numbers without breaking everyone presets.

A user friendly version of the the primary program I used create the XM formatted logos from plain PNG files is pretty much done, however the documentation is taking forever to finish as I got tied up with overtime work on my regular job. The program will let people make their own custom logo sets for any AVIC series without having to deal with techincal dirty work involving non-standard RGB555 file formats and special backgrounds/colors, both which are impossible to re-create correctly using ordinary graphics applications like Photoshop.

The documentation details everything I know about how XM and the AVIC handle XM channels and logos. I'm going to try to get it finally done so I can post the program this coming weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
First off, great job on the updates... I tried doing this but could ever figure out the padding at the end of the file. (F series) Be sending you some beer money when i get paid :cool:

The only thing I've noticed is the blue collar comedy logo is really pixelated.

Yes, unfortunately the Blue Collar Comedy channel logo is composed in the channel list PDF from a small bitmap image. It is the only channel logo like that. All the other channel logos are %100 scalable vector designs. Even at its original size the quality of the bitmap is quite poor. The image is supposed to be that of a name tag or logo "patch" that is sewn on work uniforms worn by "blue collar" workers.

I have a non pixelated logo for the "Blue Collar Comedy" channel. Just copy/paste over the old ones.

I want to change the background color of all the XM logos from light grey to medium grey so it would look like they were transparent. In order to do so, I need to match the color of grey perfectly that surrounds the logo. Does anyone have a way of doing an actual screen capture of the XM screen? It doesn't matter what channel is displaying.

If you can do this, please email the screen capture to: amadeuz4@me.com

In return, I will upload all the new logos with the "transparent" background for anyone who wants to download/install them.

Thanks in advance!

I want to change the background color of all the XM logos from light grey to medium grey so it would look like they were transparent. In order to do so, I need to match the color of grey perfectly that surrounds the logo. Does anyone have a way of doing an actual screen capture of the XM screen? It doesn't matter what channel is displaying.

If you can do this, please email the screen capture to: amadeuz4@me.com

In return, I will upload all the new logos with the "transparent" background for anyone who wants to download/install them.

Thanks in advance!

Which AVIC model do you have? The Z large large logos are already transparent, the F/D/N series has a specific fixed background that is supposed to match already.

There isn't anyway to capture an actual AVIC screen that I can imagine. I suppose someone might be able to crack the unit open and splicing the video line to "some" capture device, but really..why would you want to do that?

I've been delayed with all kinds of stuff, but I'm going to try to get the March logo update posted tonight as well as the XM logo generator program. The logo generator program comes with all the source logos as 32-bit RGBA PNG files and does the dirty work of generating AVIC logo images in the special formats applicable to each particular AVIC series. It also has technical documentation about AVIC logos in general. The source logos are all on a transparent background so you could modify them to apply your own background color to them and then use the generator to make your own set, though keep in mind that just over 200 large logos images so it will be quite a task.

Vandal-

I have the F700BT. The updated channel logos that you created were awesome, except it left a light grey background on all of the logos. If I change the background to dark grey (#343334) then it matches with the surrounding grey and makes the logo appear transparent (see attached photos). If there's an easier way, I would LOVE to know as I am really not looking forward to redoing 200 logos.

The logo generator program comes with all the source logos as 32-bit RGBA PNG files and does the dirty work of generating AVIC logo images in the special formats applicable to each particular AVIC series. It also has technical documentation about AVIC logos in general. The source logos are all on a transparent background so you could modify them to apply your own background color to them and then use the generator to make your own set, though keep in mind that just over 200 large logos images so it will be quite a task.

I am looking forward to this program. You created this yourself?

The logo generator program comes with all the source logos as 32-bit RGBA PNG files and does the dirty work of generating AVIC logo images in the special formats applicable to each particular AVIC series. It also has technical documentation about AVIC logos in general. The source logos are all on a transparent background so you could modify them to apply your own background color to them and then use the generator to make your own set, though keep in mind that just over 200 large logos images so it will be quite a task.

I am looking forward to this program. You created this yourself?

Yes, it is what I use to create the logo releases. I'm still finishing up the March pack as there was a problem with the extracted images for some of the channels I needed to fix.

Are you saying the light grey background wasn't on the original F series logos shipping with the unit? The original Pioneer F series logo files I have all have the 2 color light grey pattern. I supposed I could add an option feature to generating the F series logos with that solid dark grey color instead but I do need to confirm how the original Pioneer logos looked.