AVIC411.com

XM January 2009 Logo Update...D/N/F/Z series!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, great job on the updates... I tried doing this but could ever figure out the padding at the end of the file. (F series) Be sending you some beer money when i get paid 8)

The only thing I've noticed is the blue collar comedy logo is really pixelated.

First off, great job on the updates... I tried doing this but could ever figure out the padding at the end of the file. (F series) Be sending you some beer money when i get paid 8)

The only thing I've noticed is the blue collar comedy logo is really pixelated.

Yes, unfortunately the Blue Collar Comedy channel logo is composed in the channel list PDF from a small bitmap image. It is the only channel logo like that. All the other channel logos are %100 scalable vector designs. Even at its original size the quality of the bitmap is quite poor. The image is supposed to be that of a name tag or logo "patch" that is sewn on work uniforms worn by "blue collar" workers.

• 3 weeks later...

I used Magic ISO to create an ISO of the West disc. I then copied the 4 directories from Vandal's new set to the ISO image and saved it as a new ISO. I burned the disc from the new ISO to a DL disc (which has worked before), and now I get the new channel logos but the navi is hosed.

I have an AVIC-D3, and now when I go to the map I have large areas of blue on the map, and it won't navigate anywhere.

Is this a symptom of burning too fast perhaps? Or incompatible media? Or did I do something else wrong?

Thanks!

Is this a symptom of burning too fast perhaps? Or incompatible media? Or did I do something else wrong?

I redownloaded the ISO for the West disc and tried it again and it worked beautifully. Have all the logos back and the navi works too. The original ISO had was a few K short of the one I got yesterday, and the new one also did another software update, although they were both 80 images...

Vandal,

Thanks again for doing this for the latest update. Just as an FYI on my D3 very few of the categories have Icons. Not a big deal, but wanted to let you know for the next "release" :D . If I get a chance tomorrow when the car is out of the garage I will try to write down which ones work and post them here.

As a side note, I noticed today that the NBA channels change their station names from "NBA Play-by-Play" to "NBA" throughout the day. So sometimes there are logos and sometimes not. Strange why XM does that...

Vandal,

Thanks again for doing this for the latest update. Just as an FYI on my D3 very few of the categories have Icons. Not a big deal, but wanted to let you know for the next "release" :D . If I get a chance tomorrow when the car is out of the garage I will try to write down which ones work and post them here.

As a side note, I noticed today that the NBA channels change their station names from "NBA Play-by-Play" to "NBA" throughout the day. So sometimes there are logos and sometimes not. Strange why XM does that...

Thanks for the info on that, the categories are supposed to work on the D3. Unforuntately I only have a Z series available to directly test against. Can you tell me how the category name appear on the D3?

As for the play-by-play channels chaning names, this is a Pioneer and XM problem. XM doesn't broadcast any constant name other identifier for these channels to key with. Pioneer doesn't want to have a scenario where an incorrect logo is displayed if the station lineup changes so it only displays a logo when the name matches the table. XM has no support for providing station logos, its 3rd party invention and is something that XM engineers really overlooked in designing the service.

If XM would stop screwing around with the lineup and come up with a standard name prefix for these sports PBP stations then it would be possible for Pioneer to do partial name matching on these stations.

On the other hand things would be alot easier if Pioneer would release timely updates and not try to rip-off everyone for map update DVDs.

Vandal,

Thanks for the info on that, the categories are supposed to work on the D3. Unforuntately I only have a Z series available to directly test against. Can you tell me how the category name appear on the D3?

As for the play-by-play channels chaning names, this is a Pioneer and XM problem. XM doesn't broadcast any constant name other identifier for these channels to key with. Pioneer doesn't want to have a scenario where an incorrect logo is displayed if the station lineup changes so it only displays a logo when the name matches the table. XM has no support for providing station logos, its 3rd party invention and is something that XM engineers really overlooked in designing the service.

If XM would stop screwing around with the lineup and come up with a standard name prefix for these sports PBP stations then it would be possible for Pioneer to do partial name matching on these stations.

On the other hand things would be alot easier if Pioneer would release timely updates and not try to rip-off everyone for map update DVDs.

Going off of memory since my car is inside the garage (no XM signal) so I can't get the categories up, but the categories for Rock, Pop, Country, Hip Hop/Rap and Christian work, the ones for Comedy, Talk/News, Catholic or Religion, Sports, Other Music, Entertainment, Jazz/Standards do not. I can't remember if that is all of them. If I remember tomorrow morning on the way to work I'll cycle through them to see if there's any others...

On my D3, the categories display exactly as follows:

Rock (icon works)

Christian (icon works)

Country (icon works)

Pop (icon works)

More Music

Traffic/Weather

Religion

Entertainment

Comedy

Sports

Talk/News