AVIC411.com

Wiring help here if you need it.

Just FYI. I am a 15 year Circuit installer that just found out im going to be jobless. Because of the buyout of the company, the new company has given me home access to the Firedog wiring database for the next few months to do service work. SOOOOOOOOOOO,

if anyone needs some help with wiring color/location on speakers, VSS help or remstart, just ask! I would like to help out as long as I can.

E40

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have VSS WIRE- White/green- Behind radio, in harness and Reverse wire is - REVERSE LIGHTS-Orange-Under driver's side running board BUT!!!!! the reverse wire says unconfirmed. it using the 350 as a cross ref. the VSS is good to go but I need to do more research to find the Reverse wire. If you have a meter you can check that orange wire and if it switches 12volts in reverse then your good to go, but would not just hook it up untill I find out more info.

SWEET! I still have some DEI tech sheets left. It says for the 2004 g35 sedan it is ORANGE (+) at the DRIVERS KICK PANEL. For some reason it is different for the 2 and 4 door models. But thats sounds good. Both sheets are telling me the same thing now. With all new cars, I would still check all wires before you hook them up but, it sounds like it should be good to go.

Ill be happy to help with anything else you need. Just let me know. Just make sure your 90bt is updated with the newest software so it dosent take 4 hours to boot up! I also have access to the Pioneer Dealer Portal so if you need any tech from that let me know.

E

NO! sorry, no. That is not a high current wire. It will need to go to the Reverse Gear Input on the 90BT. It is the VIOLET/WHITE wire on the 90BT. This will cause the 90BT to switch to the Back up cam input. the cam needs to be hook up to a KNOWN load supporting wire. Like behind the radio or fused at the main harness. I would just run it behind the radio. and you should be good to go. I have hooked up the audiovox back up cam a lot to that unit but the Pioneer ND-BC2 works great also.

UMMMMM, hummmm. here is the deal. The 08 Colbalt has the GM LAN data bus. its nasty. The VSS in the car is a DATA transmission. SOOOO, you can not get it or hook up to it at all. I even checked the LAN adapters and they will not convert the DATA signal for you. (that I have found) I have checked with different sources and all say "?" I know someone that has a 06 Colbalt and he got his VSS at the WHEEL SENSOR. I checked with Pioneer and the tech info says a analog VSS is not on a 08 Colbalt. SOOOOOOO, your kinda stuck. Unless someone has a way of mapping the car I cant really help you.

This is what I do know >>>>> The 08 is all GM LAN BUS and the 06 was GM class II data bus. Class II data bus was analog at the wheel (it uses magnets to count wheel rotation) to the computer then changed to data. The GM CLASS II DATA Wiring harness from METRA did convert the data to a usable analog wire which was super sweet. BUT, yours is not CLASS II but LAN and as far as I know, the LAN adapter does NOT convert this wire. SO, I can do some more looking but your only choice might to be pulling off tires to find the wheel sensor and hooking up to it. It sucks I know but YOU SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL PUTTING A RADIO IN YOUR CAR. The LAN data is NOT FORGIVING. I believe the non bose version for you car is LAN03. All the other LAN adapters will plug in too but if it not the right one, POOF! call a tow truck and pay GM a few grand to replace control modules. Im not being mean but some one in my shop plugged a GM LAN 03 into a LAN 06 and the turned the key on. $2600.00 bill for GM to fix it.

SO, in conclusion, I say if there is a Cobalt forum somewhere I would ask around on it to see if someone has found it. other than that Its either buy a VSS kit which will add a VSS wire to any car or pull tires till you find the sensor or see if you can find a radio wiring harness that does LAN and VSS (if someone makes one). DO NOT GUESS ON ANY WIRE IN YOUR CAR. USE A WIRING HARNESS MADE EXACTLY FOR YOUR CAR AND ANY WIRE YOU THINK IS A VSS WIRE NEEDS TO BE CHECKED WITH A MULTIMETER BEFORE YOU HOOK ANYTHING UP TO IT.

OK?

OK

I know thats a lot but thats the deal.

hit me back if you need anything else.