AVIC411.com

Wiring help here if you need it.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed a Pioneer x710bt Nav system in my 2007 Lariat. I used a Scosche wiring harness and also the SW-PSI steering wheel control adapter. Everything works smoothly now, except one thing. My ABS and Parking Brake lights on the dash stay on. I am sure I must have screwed something up, but I have no idea what. Does anyone have any ideas where I could have screwed up?

• 1 month later...

this is my first navigation installation z110bt on 08 nissan frontier (w/o rockford system) and i have a few questions. i found 2 options for the VSS #1 pin 6 at instrument cluster (07frontier post) #2 Lt.blue at radio harness (05frontier post) any suggestions??? since im new to nav not exactly sure what to do/where to locate: reverse light/gear, parking brake, illumination, etc. any info will help

• 2 weeks later...
Just FYI. I am a 15 year Circuit installer that just found out im going to be jobless. Because of the buyout of the company, the new company has given me home access to the Firedog wiring database for the next few months to do service work. SOOOOOOOOOOO,

if anyone needs some help with wiring color/location on speakers, VSS help or remstart, just ask! I would like to help out as long as I can.

E40

I have 99 Chevy Astro 2wd. and according to the VSS locator link, it discribes it as GREEN/WHITE. Well when I connected to it (in 3 different places) it did not work! I have an acctual GMC data base for the van and it discribes the LOW end as GRN/BK High end as PUR/WHITE...can you confirm this for me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

hi guy's, I have a 99f150 that has a avic n3, i've added the bluetooth adapter(cd-btb200), GEX-p920xm, and ipod adapter. i just added the bluetooth and xm. followed install instructions and also had the main unit and hideaway installed by the electronic shop i bought it. Anyway, they didn't hookup the reverse signal so i need help to find the right colour, also all the accesories work except the blutooth. Its got power, but i think my daisy chain instalkl maybe wrong as i couldn't find a diagram to show me how to do it. So from the hideaway blue ipbus to xm in black(out) ipbus, then blue(in) to black ipod. Am I supposed to then connect from the bluetooth back to the ipod adapter.

Help quickly please, i have a physical disability that limits me, so i have to make hay while the sun shines, so any quick replies would be really awesome, as it took me most of yesterday to hook it all up, then the next question am I allowed to trim the power leads as they're quite long and the manual says not to cut them as they'll overheat. I've never heard of that before.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...