AVIC411.com

iPhone 3G Error-11: Charging now, But NO IPOD FUNCTIONALITY!

I have a serious problem, I've looked all over Avic411 and ALL OVER Google, and can't find anyone with the same problem as me! Please respond if you might have any input on this...

I have the Avic-D3 and an Unlocked/Jailbroken iPhone 3G with firmware 2.2(latest). I am using the Pioneer CDI-200 iPod cable, and the Scosche passPORT adapter(for charging issue) to connect. With and without the passPORT, I receive NO DATA(no ipod functionality)! I just get the "ERROR-11" on the iPod screen on the D3.

To test to see if the problem was the cable, I plugged in my standard iPod. Perfect functionality! So I marked that off the list. Then I rebooted my iPhone and factory reset my Avic-D3 using a paperclip on the front of the unit, connected again and... "ERROR-11"!

So, I resorted to calling Pioneer's Customer Service line, and asked what the "ERROR-11" represented,and one rep said it means "it's not getting a charge", and another rep said that "it's not seeing the iPhone". Go figure! I asked what else i could do to try and resolve this, and they said to try and restore my iPhone and try again. So i did, connected and... "ERROR-11"!

I don't know if this has anything to do with the firmware I have or not, but i used to have the original iPhone and it worked, but on the other hand it did have an older firmware. I have read all over the internet that people have there iPhone 3G's iPod functionality working perfect. All I can find online are forums talking about charging problems and video functionality problems. PLEASE HELP ME GUYS!

This will not be terribly helpful, but I also get Error-11 when my iPhone has become unresponsive, so I think the tech that told you it means it can't communicate to the 3G is right.

In my case its an app/script I am running that eventually causes the GUI to have no free memory and locks up the whole phone (and the next day I get error-11 when I start my car), but a reboot works for me. The phone I am using in this case, is a 2g on firmware 1.1.4 so pretty different circumstances.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...