AVIC411.com

F700BT with Bose Amp, Infiniti G35 Coupe

Hey Guys,

I just got a F700BT for my 04 Infiniti G35 Coupe and got a little ahead of myself with the installation. I talked to a few people before installing myself and they told me that I just needed a proper wire harness for my car and that would be it.

Well I installed the unit with just the wire harness, and it is working, but the sound isn't really any better than my original Bose head unit. The bass doesn't seem to "kick" like it did before, and I seem to get more buzzing and heavy rattling vs. pounding.

After doing some more research, I found out theres something to do with the output levels of the F700 being different than the input levels of the Bose Amp (apparently something with the Bose system being 2 ohms). Thus you would need to install something like this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142C4NN03/ ... ml?tp=3486

However, I've also heard that you can use the RCA Amp pre-outs of the F700 and use a RCA integration harness like this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1996-2007-INFINITI-A ... .m20.l1116

My question is, does anyone know which method of hook up is better and why? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I thought of using the RCA hook-ups just for simplicity, but I just don't know if it would be better to go the other route and use a signal adapter with gain adjustments.

Right now I have the speaker level outputs from the head unit spliced directly to the wire harness and can definitely tell you that that's not the way to do it...lol. I have it working, and it produces "decent" sound, but like I said my base doesn't "kick" anymore with the beat, and tends to buzz more. There's also this static sound I notice when turning the volume up. It's not crackily or anything, but just something I notice when the music in a song quiets down. I never get complete silence from the unit. Most likely electrical noise from the mismatch between the head unit output and the input required by the amp i guess. I dunno.