AVIC411.com

N2 w/ N1 Brain Accessories? Blue Tooth, iPhone, PS2?

Hello everyone,

I have a Pioneer AVIC-N2 monitor with N1 brain, and I would like to add some more functionality to it.

I just but a slimline PS2 that I was thinking about hooking up to my brain..is this possible and simple?

Also I have a couple blue tooth phones, and was curious about the BT units and which one is the best to use with my brain. I have the latest DVD Navi discs so my unit is latest firmware.

Lastly, I have an iPhone that I would like to use as an iPod in my car..I've seen some AV cables that might work? Could I watch movies or listen to music with that? What is the best setup to use for that? I've seen just cables that plug into the brain and I figure you just set the N2 to AUX and it works?

TIA!

For bluetooth, you're better off with an aftermarket kit like Parrot or something. The Pioneer one will work like crap with a deck that old

For the PS2 you can run it through the A/V input on the hideaway brain with the right cable and you will have to find power somewhere too

The pioneer ipod adaptor will work, but not very well with old with such an old deck. You might want to run that in as Aux or something too

Yes I was thinking the same thing...BUT..could I run PS2 and iPhone at the same time? Or will I have to unplug the PS2 whenever I want to listen to my iPhone? BT isn't a big deal anyway...I could do this very cheap with just AUX cables..can you tell me some good adaptors please?

Thank you!

• 6 months later...

ok i've got my AVIC-N2 w/ N1 brain installed in my new ride and I have my iPhone hooked up with Apple A/V cables in the inputs of the N1 Brain.

I can get audio, but no video? does anyone know why? I even installed ScreenSplitr for iPhone, and when I turned that on and had my N2 on A/V AUX, I actually saw the screen for a split second and it went blank again. I think I am on the right track, but am missing something simple. like a setting on the unit?

Anyone?

• 4 weeks later...