AVIC411.com

Firmware update 2.14 for Z2

I have a Z2 and I am trying to update firmware 2.14. I have a firmware disc from Pioneer. I inserted up disc and nothing happens. I am trying to install my map upgrade disc (CNDV-800HD).

Any suggestions who be greatly appreciated

I assume you followed the required steps for the 800HD update ?

And that you actually got the HD800 update disk from Pioneer, as you can only use it for ONE Pioneer Z-series. The password is generated one-time, based on the serial number of the unit and DVD...

Instructions for the European version f.i. are here:

http://www.service.pioneer-eur.com/peeservice/instrmanuals.nsf/0/4E357736FEC6AB98C125748000344960/$File/MAN-CNDV-800HD-EN.pdf

I assume that the US version works practically the same, i.e. you need to get a password from the Pioneer site.

In addition, for the second phase you need to be in the MAP menu with the current location (see instructions)

All disc are from Pioneer, but the instructions for the 800HD state that you must have firmware update 2.14 prior to installing the 800HD. I called Pioneer and the guy said that the firmware disc must be installed with the map screen on. I tried several screens and the firmware will not install.

I didn't want to install the 800HD without first installing the firmware update.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a Z2 and I am trying to update firmware 2.14. I have a firmware disc from Pioneer. I inserted up disc and nothing happens. I am trying to install my map upgrade disc (CNDV-800HD).

Any suggestions who be greatly appreciated

I assume you followed the required steps for the 800HD update ?

And that you actually got the HD800 update disk from Pioneer, as you can only use it for ONE Pioneer Z-series. The password is generated one-time, based on the serial number of the unit and DVD...

Instructions for the European version f.i. are here:

http://www.service.pioneer-eur.com/peeservice/instrmanuals.nsf/0/4E357736FEC6AB98C125748000344960/$File/MAN-CNDV-800HD-EN.pdf

I assume that the US version works practically the same, i.e. you need to get a password from the Pioneer site.

In addition, for the second phase you need to be in the MAP menu with the current location (see instructions)

What is your problem with all your ASSumes? Either come straight out and say what you mean, or just help the guy/girl.