AVIC411.com

what cd burner should i use to burn my cds to rip?

i just got my avic z2 yesterday, i used windows media media player to make a cd, and nothing would show up in the library, the song was there but no artist, genre, or albulm. then i used nero start smart, and everything came up good except the genre came up as others.

before i burned the songs i spent many hours editing the mp3 tags to make everything neat (artist, genre, album etc) so i know the tag is there but i think the burners i am using wont work for what i need ya know? any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I use Roxio 2009 and never have any problems. All text comes on the screen perfect. Before that I used Roxio EasyCD Creator v5,6,7,and8, without problems. I even use the music editor in Roxio 2009 to chop up different songs and then put them together to make custom ringtones for my phone. No parts over 20 seconds so it is called sampling and not copyright infringment.

Will it show genres besides those built in? You can't input a different one in edit mode and it puts country Cds in as 'other.' Strange that it has some rather odd genres and won't allow country or gospel. Surely GraceNotes doesn't have that limitation.

I never actually tried to change gendre, however, I have changed artist name within the inbedded information. Wait a minute, I just tried it and yes I can change gendre. I made the gendre of "Stayin' Alive" by the BeeGee's from Disco to Country :lol: .....and now it is Rap. :lol::lol: