AVIC411.com

audio is off balance only when playing ipod

figured out that it was a loose pin in the harness

Could you elaborate a bit? Mine is still exhibiting the symptoms and usually has the issue very smoothly. Fades out from left to right and may decide to fade back in right to left. Right channel always fine. Left channel may be fine, then may slowly fade completely out. Never in any abrubt manner or over bumps. not exhbiting any sort of loose connection type issue at all. Seems like its software related?

ades out from left to right and may decide to fade back in right to left. Right channel always fine. Left channel may be fine, then may slowly fade completely out. Never in any abrubt manner or over bumps. not exhbiting any sort of loose connection type issue at all

I have *exactly* the same problem/behavior!

-S

• 4 weeks later...

Problem Found, Possibly SOLVED.

After reading everyones post about the RCA harness being faulty and/or the ipod harness being crap. I decided to pull the radio out and do some wiggling. I turned the radio on and switched the source to iPod. The right channel was significantly lower/distorted than the left channel. I then pulled the radio out and started pushing and pulling on the wires on the RCA plug harness that goes into the back of the radio nothing changed at all. I then decided to switch the right and left RCAs from the ipod cable to see if the left speakers went out. As soon as i twisted the right RCA plug the right speakers started playing at a normal volume with NO distortion. YAY!! The RCA's were plugged all the way in so im not sure why it had a bad connection. I tried wiggling and moving the plug to see if I could get it to go out and I couldn't get it to go out again. So I decided to switch the RCA's. The right is on the left and left is on the right and I put a bunch of electrical tape on the RCA's to try and hold them together. Hopefully I won't have a problem anymore. If the problem does come back I will possibly hard wire the ipod cable into the pioneer. Hope this will solve your problems. I will update in after a week or so of driving to see if it comes back.

I took my truck for about a two hour drive and did some other short traveling over the past week and my ipod never gave me any trouble. If I were any of you still having the same problem you should try what I did in the previous post and see if it helps solve your problem.

I had the same problem with my left channel. It was intermittently low and distorted and normal. When I twisted my RCA connection, the sound came back and stayed back. I tried a lot of other things and nothing else worked. It seems that Pioneer has used low quality connectors...

Tim

• 2 years later...

Success! After reading through the forum I experimented with going behind the unit (f90bt) while it was playing the ipod and checked all the harness connections, RCA's and so forth and when I got to the 2 main connectors on the back of the unit and pushing them in I got my right channel back!!

So I'd suggest to just check all the wires in their connector blocks and make sure that all the connector pins are in place nice and tight!