AVIC411.com

Upload contacts without mobile phone

Hi,

I have a F900BT (Australian version) installed. My phone, a Samsung A501 works okay answering calls but I can't upload my contacts. Is there any way to upload my contacts without using a bluetooth mobile?

I've tried all my relatives phones, and none of them work either.

Cheers,

Michael

what procedure are you doing.. you may not be doing it correctly

The F900BT asks me to send the business card, when I try to send the business card from the phone via bluetooth the F900BT isn't listed. Also when I try to search for the F900BT the phone says the bluetooth is busy, which it is because it's connected to the F900BT so that I can access the phone screen. I gave up with this a while ago.

I will give the manual version a go. It's a pity that Pioneer didn't write a program for this to be done for the noobs of this world. I suppose while I'm learning to do this I might do a few other mods too.

• 2 weeks later...
Download your /user/user data and see if there is a phonebook***.db . If there is one - download a sqlite for firefox and add the contacts into there manually.

Good luck

Do you have any step by step instructions on how to do this. Or a link to where there are some. I thought I saw instructions on this site a while back but I can't find them anymore.

I have SQlite for firefox but I have no idea how to enter names and numbers because my phone cant do a phonebook transfer in the first place.

It is Parrot who's to blame for the lousy interface of contacts

It is Pioneer to blame for having implemented this lousy 'add-on' in their interface.

Same problem with my old type blackberry which cannot send business cards over BT.

Here's how to handle:

Check in the userdata folder how your current phone is being addressed, e.g. hy777hsj333

Take another BT phone which can send business cards via BT (and does work).

Upload 1 contact to the AVIC.

Again, enter your userdata folder and you'll notice there has been added a file called (for e.g.) jkjl8984h44.db.

This is the database containing that one contact you uploaded with the other phone.

Copy this database to an SD card.

Open the SD card on your PC.

Rename the database to hy777hsj333.db.

Now open this database and alter / add / copy as you desire.

Go back in the userdata folder of the AVIC. Delete its contents and now upload the newly made database file.

It should now work with the first phone.

Do you have any step by step instructions on how to do this. Or a link to where there are some. I thought I saw instructions on this site a while back but I can't find them anymore.

Have a look here http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... e&start=15

The search function on this site isn't very user friendly so I can understand why you can't find it again.

I used the above tutorial but I sync'd my mobile with outlook, then exported all contacts to a csv file. I edited the csv in excel, and made a new row for contacts with more than one number and put a number in the dwType column for each type of contact. ie 0 = General, 1 = Home, 2 = Work, 3 = Mobile. I renamed the headers in notepad to the same headers in the .db file, edited the phone numbers to remove dashes and spaces in notepad (don't do this in excel if you phone numbers use zero as the first number because it chops zeros of the phone number) I then imported the CSV into the .db using the firefox extension. Note my .db file was empty because I don't have access to a mobile that does work. (I tried 4 different ones without success).

It took me a while formating the data but once it was done uploading to the system took only a few minutes and it works great. If you pair multiple handsets that also don't upload contacts, just copy the file and rename the file to copy over all the .db in your unit. Then all paired phones will have the same phone book.

If you need a hand just let me know.

Good Luck