AVIC411.com

i just hooked up my n2 and when i drive it shows that i'm still at starting point. can anyone tell me what i need to do to fix it? oh, something comes up and says that the parking brake isn't ground right or something. thanks

sounds like you need to bypass it for starters, search for the sticky on bypassing N-2, next you need to ground out that wire that is supposed to go to your parking brake (orange if I remember), you also need to find out where your VSS (vehicle speed sensor) is located on your car/truck, there is also stickies on that as well, and connect the VSS wire (pinks I thinks) and then make sure you have your gps antenna hooked up, and then you should be all set as long as everything else is hooked up right....hope this helps

i just hooked up my n2 and when i drive it shows that i'm still at starting point. can anyone tell me what i need to do to fix it? oh, something comes up and says that the parking brake isn't ground right or something. thanks

sounds like you need to bypass it for starters, search for the sticky on bypassing N-2, next you need to ground out that wire that is supposed to go to your parking brake (orange if I remember), you also need to find out where your VSS (vehicle speed sensor) is located on your car/truck, there is also stickies on that as well, and connect the VSS wire (pinks I thinks) and then make sure you have your gps antenna hooked up, and then you should be all set as long as everything else is hooked up right....hope this helps

i have the antenna is hooked up and on top of the dash. the guy i got it from alredy did the bypass on it but i don't have the vss wire with the unit or the speed wire. i have parking brake wire ground.

Sounds like you're not getting good GPS reception so either its in a bad spot or you have a bad antenna. You can check how many sats its picking up in the connection status screen

how do i do that? i had a d3 in my suv and it worked. i don't understand. it shows my car turning but in same spot.

ok, i'll try that and see what i got. i hit the reset earlier and now it's reading that i'm in the right place, but just not moving anywhere when i go for a ride, it shows that i'm still at home. i don't need to hook up the vss wire do i? i never had it hooked up on my old d3 and it worked good. thanks