AVIC411.com

IM NEW PLEASE HELP???

Ok I just got my F-90BT and found this site. First off yall people on here are freaking amazing. Never even new you could modify these things. Like you can see Im not very familiar with how to even do the simplest mods or anthing to do with this. Im scared to screw up my system if I do something wrong. I know the stuff Im asking people prob. already answered or didn't need to anawer but here goes. I will be very thankful for someone to give me a deatailed answer to these questions.

1.How do you get to these files on my system? Ive seen alot of mods (Ex. make your car the red arrow.) that tell you to change files and things. Do you pull them up on a computer(IF HOW) or do you pull this up on the Units screen (if How)?

2.How do you load Backgrounds or even make them fit your screen?

3.Can I break or crash my 90BT if I do something wrong with these files or these mods that everyone on here seems so confident and easy to do them?

Again sorry for the aggervation with my simple questions but im really clueless and would greatly appreciate someone helping me. Thanks :D

The answers to your questions can be found in the F series FAQ section or the operation manual for your unit. He's being a "dick" because you obviously gave no effort to find the answer yourself before making a new thread on previously covered topics. It doesn't take a freaking genius to find either of those sources of information.

First rule of AVIC411:

Everyone on here is a dick, or a noob.

Heed the dicks, and dont be a noob.

Wrong. Not everyone here is a dick. On the contrary, most of the members here would be more than willing to assist another member, IF they know damn well the OP searched and tried his hardest to find the answer first, and it's very easy to tell who tried and who just expects the answer to be spoonfed to them.

haha, that was a funny but very accurate post regarding two types of users of avic411 dicks or noobs.

It does get frustrating though watching post after post of people who could of been instantly gratified by simply looking at a few posts, before posting. Perhpas its sort of like raising the hand to ask a question, even though there's a FAQ board posted right behind the instructor? Basically the same thing. I belive its referred to as being the FNG.

Drh2929,

There are a great buncha guys on this forum (im still a noob and ask silly questions too) but when these guys get asked the same question like "how to change the splash screen" 10 times a day it gets super annoying. and especially when these guys are doing some killer mods and are way more intelligent then what it tells you in the instruction manual. So dont take it personally, youll love it here.

BTW to change your splash screen look on pages 135 and 136 in your booklet or download it.

Also the splash screen post is here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16801

the rest youll have to search cuz im too lazy to type :)

Brad :)