AVIC411.com

Circuit City Sale

The reason CC went under is the very top management was selfish and greedy. There is no other reason. This is fact. Had they closed the stores that were closed in November back when they first knew they couldnt hold on to them (3 years ago), the company would not be in this situation. Any stores that were unpleasant in appearance were lower volume stores that would have received additional funding re-allocated from the closed stores and would be as nice inside as the top selling stores. If anyone has been in the sole RI store, they would know what I mean.

As for BB, every negative thing you claim is a standard of CC is actually a BB standard across every location. Yes, the lower CC stores (such as those useless 150) suffer from those characteristics, but the quality stores never did. Also, BB is in no better condition than CC was in November. Theyre about to go under as well unless they stop overcharging and stop making customers walk out due to complete lack of sales staff knowledge.

These are not opinions, but rather facts as compiled from various industry insiders, myself included.

Also, to wish bad upon 34000 persons is a real nice thing for you to do, regardless of your impression of the company.

Bottom line... You're out of your mind and you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Best Buy and Circuit City have VERY different business models and they always have and that is precisely why CC is SOL and BB is BAU (Business as usual).

The store in our town is KILLING it right now in the middle of a supposed economic downturn... why, because they understand how to do business.... CC forgot that LONG ago.

Ugh..

How many CC's closed down? Was it 150 or around that number?

Now how many BB's closed down?

You can say it was the top management's greed that brought the franchise to its knees, but in the end, it comes down to the employees. The employess are the ones who have to know, and sell the product to the customer. Had there been better customer service and less idiots being hired (Please know that I am not stereotyping current and former CC employees as idiots) the company would still have a leg to stand on. Don't misunderstand, I think it's horrible that all those workers lost their job, but that's just my 2 cents on this debate.

I have to ask, is there really this rivalry between BB and CC employees? It's like the fricken Yankees and Red Sox

i guess its only for the hardcore bb cc employees. a lot of my good friends work at cc and i work at best buy and i dont care. but its funny how some people get all worked up at my store over circuit city across the street. i just laugh at them and figure they have nothing better to do.

my friend at cc told me that at his cc the "liquidation" prices are still no better what they were discounting before. they have 14 700bt radios and theyre going for like 570 or so. nowhere near the price that 6ave had them for.

Wow. The comments are flying about CC. I still work at a CC and I can tell you that CC never did raise any prices. They did all go to MSRP, then discounted it. SOOOOOOO, its not a deal, but do people really care? People are sooooo into "SALE". our store was given 8 Distribution trucks from Tampa and 2.3 million in additional inventory to run us out. We have very few items left. We sold more inventory at MSRP the weekend we "closed" than we did black Friday. Black Friday was good deals on good merchandise. We had our 900bt for 749 with free install. compared to now at $1099.99 with $180 install + parts. SOOOOOO, we sold not one on black Friday, but 4 since we started our closing sale. So im not sure CC is the bad guy. I will have to say after 16 years as a 12volt installer, and district board tech, and the old SNI, when CC decided to copy BBY and fired all the good sales people and drop commission, it was all down hill from there. As we speak, the company is dividing out the reminding 2.3 million to the 16 board members, and their gift to me was "here is your 60 day notice. stand around and sell stuff."

But thats the way of the world, I say good by to my only source of income, my 40,000 fellow employees, and what about the Verizon people in the CC stores? All of ours got laid off. What about the the stabilization of pricing in our market? And people just complain that CC people now are not helpful? When all we hear is "when are your prices dropping because I want that Sony 52" XBR6 for $50.00".

Its hard for regular store fronts to compeat with Internet retailers. BBY is at least being smart and laying off it upper lever management. 4000 people at BBY just got cut.

In this day and age, its all about the money and only the strong survive. CC proved it is not strong and is dead. Its sad but thats what it takes to make progress. Another retailer will come along and run BBY down if they are not careful.

But we did have 3 new Z2's we sold for $425 the few weeks before we went under. funny how that works

You have to kinda wait until their last days and get lucky. I was luky enough to find a F900bt, new in the box, hidden behind the main desk. I guess an employee was trying to buy it. I bought it for $110 out the door.

wow finally someone who got a f series cheaper then me.. and on a topic note circiut city has good deals now. I picked up a parrot blue tooth car kit for my wife for $80. They have amps and head units dirt cheap this is the store in union nj