AVIC411.com

Need more a/v cables

I hadn't really given this much thought till now, but since I have an older "larger" PS2, not the newer "slim" design I wanted to ask just in case:

All the power adapters I see for sale say they are only for the "slim" design PS2 - are they any that folks out there know of that will power up an older PS2 through the cigaretter lighter?

I am going to be taking the kids on a trip down to FL this spring, and having the option to have them playing games through the F90 is intriguing.

Cheers,

Kev

as far as the playstation/xbox/wii arguement...while i agree that wii would be badass im not trying to get punched while driving haha. im probably gonna mount a ps2 under the passenger seat or under the passenger foot well and switch between that and a ps3.

C'MON!!! Wear a helmet :D

I do have to ask though, why even bother with PS2 if you have PS3? PS3 plays PS2 games.

lol yea can you imagine pulling up next to me at light. me whereing a helmet and my passenger swinging their arms wildly. im gonna bother with the ps2 caz i plan on mounting it for the long term in there. the ps3 i'll just add for like long trips since i use the ps3 elsewhere. plus its a big unit.

I hadn't really given this much thought till now, but since I have an older "larger" PS2, not the newer "slim" design I wanted to ask just in case:

All the power adapters I see for sale say they are only for the "slim" design PS2 - are they any that folks out there know of that will power up an older PS2 through the cigaretter lighter?

I am going to be taking the kids on a trip down to FL this spring, and having the option to have them playing games through the F90 is intriguing.

Cheers,

Kev

im sure they make a cable for the old one. if not you could just get a power converter that you plug into the cig lighter and has a regular prong input on the other side. or just buy a slim since there like $50 bucks now on ebay. thats what i did. now i have an old one and a slim unfortunately

I do have to ask though, why even bother with PS2 if you have PS3? PS3 plays PS2 games.

The two models of the PS3 currently in production no longer have backward compatibility with PS2 games.

more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Retail_configurations

i got on of the original ps3, the 60gb i believe mine is. im pretty sure mine plays ps2 games. havent tried in a while. but i think thats right that the older ones have the backwards compatiblity and the new ones dont.

The two models of the PS3 currently in production no longer have backward compatibility with PS2 games.

more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Retail_configurations

i got on of the original ps3, the 60gb i believe mine is. im pretty sure mine plays ps2 games. havent tried in a while. but i think thats right that the older ones have the backwards compatiblity and the new ones dont.

Correct 60GB PS3s were the last with full hardware backwards compatibility, some of the later units have bacwards compatibility via software, but not all of them.