AVIC411.com

Speedacm on European Version (non poicon)

I think I'm not double posting (used search) did someone have the same issue and can help me out?

As poicon does not provide speedacm data for Switzerland (scared of legal stuff), I had to get a speedcam list via SCDB.INFO, which is a commercial provider. I got it in IGO8 format (.txt) and if I add it to my APL2\IGO\Content\SpeedCam directory, I even get the .spdb and .spud files.

You can find the file in the Attachment (files seems ok)

In settings I can even turn on the warnings etc. but the damn thing won't neither show the cams on screen, nor give me audio warnings.

I got 2.0 firmware, and I also tried BorisM's speedacm specific ui's to my DATA.ZIP (which will unfortunately not boot), so that dun help.

Did anyone get a European version to work with non poicon data?

Help would be very much appreciated, all those tickets are killing me (we got A LOT and not too cheap ones ;)

Regards, zapp

igo_Schweiz.zip

I think I'm not double posting (used search) did someone have the same issue and can help me out?

As poicon does not provide speedacm data for Switzerland (scared of legal stuff), I had to get a speedcam list via SCDB.INFO, which is a commercial provider. I got it in IGO8 format (.txt) and if I add it to my APL2\IGO\Content\SpeedCam directory, I even get the .spdb and .spud files.

You can find the file in the Attachment (files seems ok)

In settings I can even turn on the warnings etc. but the damn thing won't neither show the cams on screen, nor give me audio warnings.

I got 2.0 firmware, and I also tried BorisM's speedacm specific ui's to my DATA.ZIP (which will unfortunately not boot), so that dun help.

Did anyone get a European version to work with non poicon data?

Help would be very much appreciated, all those tickets are killing me (we got A LOT and not too cheap ones ;)

Regards, zapp

This is disabled within the executable itself (because pseedcam functionality is illegal, but you know that better than me :) ).

Supposedly, I have heard, that editing the executable and changing _SUI literal there to _xxx _might_ theoretically work...

Thanks a lot for that;

thing is tho, I ordered it in Germany, where they ain't as narrow minded as in CH (i.e. not so keen on making the quick buck ;), therefore, I guessed it should work, ah well, messing around with the .exe, hex editors and all that...

But anyway yeah, it's actually a Swiss specifiy problem the way you put it (and I believe that too now ), not an EU version problem; might be it's not in the US .exe ;)

Guess I'll give a POI solution a try... :(

tell you what; I got a tuned Audi TTS, 0-60 below 5 sec, after getting another 250$ ticket today, I just did it, ticket aversion sorta grew over the hexeditor aversion 8)

Guess wut, the thing now barks like a charm ;)

Thanks alot Boris!

Mmmm, TTS.... I used to have a TT, with a chipped engine, was good for about 280HP out of a 4-cyl :)

The Switzerland restriction is present in any version of iGO. I have it in mine, too... I'm sure NavNGo does not want any liability problems with Swiss government...