AVIC411.com

Unit Resets After Mod To Data File

Can anyone help me, i have searched post no answer to this question after making some simple Mod's to Data file like adding Sat signal to nav screen the unit will not load correctly. I can use radio ,Xm i just get a screen saying something like wait system loading can't remember exact wording. I am using windows vista and zipping data file with winrar zip. I can get unit back working with saved data file just need help with creating mods. Thkx

Can anyone help me, i have searched post no answer to this question after making some simple Mod's to Data file like adding Sat signal to nav screen the unit will not load correctly. I can use radio ,Xm i just get a screen saying something like wait system loading can't remember exact wording. I am using windows vista and zipping data file with winrar zip. I can get unit back working with saved data file just need help with creating mods. Thkx

Impossible to say without seeing what you have changed in DATA.ZIP but the behavior is a clear sign of an error in it.

How did you changes the data.zip?!!?? You need to change it using 7-zip filemanager, if you unzip it, cnahge something and then zip it you would have a problem.

GUGA

He said he was using WinRAR which is also capable of doing it correctly...

You need to change the zip withou decompressing it....otherwise It won't work correctly...At least with the tests I did never worked.

GUGA

You can decompress all you want. The trick is that when you add the file back you have to make sure that it is being placed into the same folder inside the archive. WinZIP faisl at that, WinRAR and 7-Zip do it automatically.

Boris,

Never tried with WINRAR....i'll give it a shot, should be a lot easier to change the files :D

GUGA

WinRAR does put changed files back where they belong, unlike WinZIP, and also lets you drag files into folders inside the archive.