AVIC411.com

Problem with custom buttons

Hi all,

I made some custom quick launch buttons for delete route and search address.

They are bitmaps and the same dimensions as other images that I know work fine yet the black border that is around them shows up on the screen rather than being transparent, does anyone know why this might be?

Are there some special image settings required when saving the bitmaps?

They are saved as RGB/8

Thanks

Bitmaps don't support transparency. You might be able to use an 8bit bitmap image (256 colors) and color key one to transparent but I'm not sure that would work either and you'll lose alot of fidelity in your icons.

They do. iGO uses bitmaps with Alpha channel, so this is how custom, buttons should be saved.

I would suggest also using something like iPAQ Image Explorer http://www.rc-dev.com/i3t/ do save them in iGO format or at least make sure they are the same as original images.

Ok thanks for that,

Yes I figured there was a transparency of some sort as the other images seem to be "transparent".

The iPaq explorer is useful for viewing the images and making sure they look good however I've been trying to set an alpha channel in photoshop on the image I made with no such luck. I've googled too but not managed to find much on it.

Does anyone know how to set the black as an alpha channel in photoshop?

Cheers