AVIC411.com

Australian maps on US F900BT

Will the same hack used for european maps on a US F900 work with australian maps? Has anyone done this before? I figure i can save around 60% by getting a US version rather than buying locally but its only worth doing if i can get the navigation working.

Thanks

Should work... hack uses a worldwide license...

If you go this way and get it working let us know. I would interested in this too so I can put one in my wifes car. Cost me $3000AU to get the F900BT, reverse camera, steering controls and install but you do get free new maps in August. Would be a lot less if I bought it from the US.

I'm not convinced that the unit would fully functional in Australia that's why I haven't parted with my money. From the posts in the forums there seems to be hardware issues for traffic, FM radio. Also loading the maps seems like a pain. I personally had hoped that I could just copy a backup from my AU F900BT but this simplistic approach is probably flawed.

Good luck

If you go this way and get it working let us know. I would interested in this too so I can put one in my wifes car. Cost me $3000AU to get the F900BT, reverse camera, steering controls and install but you do get free new maps in August. Would be a lot less if I bought it from the US.

I'm not convinced that the unit would fully functional in Australia that's why I haven't parted with my money. From the posts in the forums there seems to be hardware issues for traffic, FM radio. Also loading the maps seems like a pain. I personally had hoped that I could just copy a backup from my AU F900BT but this simplistic approach is probably flawed.

Good luck

Well, if you put a hacked executable on as US AVIC, you could copy maps from an Australian model, too... You are right about other issues though...

Traffic update info does only work in Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane via SUNA at the moment. My F900BT will only pick up SUNA in Sydney and Brisbane when the new maps come out August 2009. I suppose if you don't live in these areas it might be another thing you can take off the cons list.

Traffic info isn't really an issue for me, I live in perth so theres no service here anyway. As for FM reception my understanding is the US version only picks up odd frequencies which all bar a couple of tourist info stations are. If some one using european maps on a US f900 could try it with australian maps that would answer alot of questions.