AVIC411.com

Bypass for f90bt

Hi guys,

I just ordered the f90bt. Can't wait to get it. I'm having it installed at the dealer at the same time they do other modifications to my car. They wont do the bypass.

Now, I'm an idiot...let's just get that out of the way....

Can someone explain to me how to do the bypass through the software in the unit itself, as apposed to having to pull it back out and do it with the wiring? now remember, I'm dumb...so this would need to be explain to me like I'm 6...

If this is just too difficult and time consuming to provide, I certainly can understand that. But if you have the info or if there is an existing thread that really dumbs it down, please pass it along.

Thanks in advance!

start by looking here

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17715

There are plenty of posts and threads about both software and harware bypasses and many with extremely detailed directions.

searching the forum helps :) just about everything has an answer somewhere it just might take a bit of digging. If you search and still dont find anything and its obvious you've tried theres plenty of people in the forum more then willing to help.

Good luck, hope you like your F90, I just got mine a week ago and love it

Thanks. I had been reading through the forums and was just checking to see if someone had a really dumbed down version.

Tell me if this sounds right (from what I read so far in the last 20 mins)...

I download the Testmode files, and then copy them to the SD card.

Then I download the data.zip file and copy that to the SD card as well.

Then I load the SD card in the unit, and allow it to copy files.

Then I should be able to navigate to the data.zip file and find the "/project_config/pioneer.ini" and find the "parking_break_speed" value and change it from 16.0 to 128.0

...then I'm done???

Thats about it. PM one of the OP of a software bypass thread and clarify. i did a hardware bypass which was real simple. snip the mute and parking break wires and the speed censor wire and just tape them off and viola but my wiring harness was grounded so if urs isnt youd have to ground it but i think you have the software bypass done and the .zip files and the testmode files can be found in the faq of hacks/mod forum

Thanks. I had been reading through the forums and was just checking to see if someone had a really dumbed down version.

Tell me if this sounds right (from what I read so far in the last 20 mins)...

I download the Testmode files, and then copy them to the SD card.

Then I download the data.zip file and copy that to the SD card as well.

Then I load the SD card in the unit, and allow it to copy files.

Then I should be able to navigate to the data.zip file and find the "/project_config/pioneer.ini" and find the "parking_break_speed" value and change it from 16.0 to 128.0

...then I'm done???

That's close, but you have some of the order backwards. I'm not going to go into detail because it's all spelled out in easy to follow steps in the FAQ (look down).

FWIW, I would just do the hardware bypass since you're going to need to ground the parking brake lead anyway with the software bypass.

so there is no way to just do a software bypass? even with the software bypass you still have to ground the parking break wire?

I'm having the unit installed at the dealer when then do some other work on my car, and they said they can't ground the parking break. So I was hoping I could just have them install it and then do the software bypass on my own

Read the FAQ, it's all compiled there. You can just do the software mod, but unless your installer connects the parking brake lead to the car's parking break circuit AND you apply the parking brake, you won't have the unlocked functionality.

Now you could have your installer ground the parking brake lead, and then let them take the vehicle out on the road to confirm that it is still locked. Then when you get home perform the software bypass and you would be good to go.

I'm not sure if they would go for that though.

Thats about it. PM one of the OP of a software bypass thread and clarify. i did a hardware bypass which was real simple. snip the mute and parking break wires and the speed censor wire and just tape them off and viola but my wiring harness was grounded so if urs isnt youd have to ground it but i think you have the software bypass done and the .zip files and the testmode files can be found in the faq of hacks/mod forum

Why would you want to snip the VSS wire though? It does improve the GPS operation...

i know but not enought to make a difference and idk about other cars but my jeep has another wire thats basically the same thing and improves the gps alot better my buddy did that part cuz i didnt quite fallow but he owns a professional car a/v shop and knows what he's doin so it's all good :D

i know but not enought to make a difference and idk about other cars but my jeep has another wire thats basically the same thing and improves the gps alot better my buddy did that part cuz i didnt quite fallow but he owns a professional car a/v shop and knows what he's doin so it's all good :D

From the looks of it, VSS and gyro aren't used if you do have a GPS signal, but in tunnels it will use it. Not really an issue everywhere, but say here in Chicago if you drive on Lower Wacker (underground) knowing when to exit is quite helpful...