AVIC411.com

disapointed in the f90bt....:(

I am a die hard Pioneer Fan.... but I really regret buying this unit.... but I will live it it...I guess I have to get used to it...but for 1200$ its too bad they didn't make this better...First, For Canada the maps suck... especially in rural areas.... my buddies Kenwood with garmin knew everything..... everywhere I went... told me that "my house was on the right" and was super fast... sounded awesome had a waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better eq and xover....had a knob we didnt have to replace...and actually had a better overall interface.....Also the f90btis super unresponsive especially using SD or USB. With the Kenwood you cant mod it (if at all.. )as much as the f90bt,, but really you don't have too.. cause everything is already there that 90% of users like.(like mute nav, speedo on the map screen... icons that are dl'able.... but.. its like 400$ more here... too bad.... I wish I could return mine..only had it a month,,,,, but I doubt JD Car stereo in Dorval(Montreal)will take it back ........ 900$CAD shipped anywhere in NA if anyone wants it...

I don't like to buy stuff that $$$ online.. I like to see it in person first... I paid 950 plus tax for it... came up to around 1100and change.. from JD car stereo in montreal.... Im gonna call him tomorrow... and see if he will exchange it for a Kenwood...I know Ill have to pay the dif.... to bad though... if thing was more responsive, had a better factory knob, better EQ that let you independently set each freq. and heck a wireless remote , and GARMIN on board it would be the machine to beat out there,,,, Damn Pioneer, you let me down....if I paid this amount just to beable to hack it......... well......... I wont go there... but it does look good in my dash,,

Why did you pay that much for it?

I just recieved mine. 810$CAN shipped to my door.

Didn't try it yet but it can't be that bad.

lucky you..... lol

its not that bad.... but a 600$ JVC with no gps from future shop blows this thing away with usability, sound setting,and screen size.... too bad it looks like shit in my dash,,

try this on yours....

hook up a ipod...(it works well)and have a sc card in the slot.... start up your car... and wait.... wait... wait some more... sd card plays..... unit now unresponsive......cuse its looking for blue tooth....there .. found it..... now the map says you have to press ok.... you see map.... damn crosshair is there cuse you just grazed the screen with your finger,.... now you try to remove it by hitting the map button... but you get this pan and tilt crap..... hit map again.... finaly... all is good.....try to change a station after all this and youll zoom the map,... or hit the VR... lol damn it will take you some getting used to... but heck.. you can hack it... IF you know what you doin.. woopidydippidydo.... most other nav systems,,, you dont have to hack cuse they have all you want already... lol....

Stop complaining and go get the kenwood. Everyone here knows what the f series can and can't do and what problems it has no need explaining
just venting...

if this was a 600$ unit..... It would be ok but its not... in Canada we have to pay through the nose for these hot items...

.. maybe Pioneer will read this and add it to all the other complaints...

can you not use ebay in canada? most ppl ship there yes it costs more for shipping but thats it. I got mine off ebay brand new with 2.0 installed and with the 2 year premier warranty for 570..to ship to canada thatd prolly be like 650 max so..if you spent more then 700 you wasted your money b/c there's no excuse to spend that much when you can get same quality for 2 or 300 less

That Kenwood looks nice, but it is more than double what I just paid for my F90BT ($598 + tax). I have not installed mine yet (hopefully this weekend) but I figure the features will offset the price. I paid $400 for my Nuvi 350 years ago and it has it's issues as well.

To the OP, why not put yours on eBay and see what you can get for it? The price seems to be going up as the demand has increased so you may get close to your purchase price.

The tough thing about these units is you don't know how it really is until you have it installed and use it for a while.

ps: there is a forum member who is making knobs for these that everyone seems happy with over the stock one.