AVIC411.com

Compiled Mod Thread

Is there a way to create a thread that has all the mods which are complete and working so people don't have to search through hundreds of posts for a mod.

If all these completed mods with instructions could be compiled in one place - then people can go to 1 place to pick and chose what they want.

I like learning about whats going on but most of the posts are troubleshooting. Well at some point the mod is as good as it's going to get. No need to spend hours reading through something that's complete.

Anyways - thanks

Is there a way to create a thread that has all the mods which are complete and working so people don't have to search through hundreds of posts for a mod.

If all these completed mods with instructions could be compiled in one place - then people can go to 1 place to pick and chose what they want.

I like learning about whats going on but most of the posts are troubleshooting. Well at some point the mod is as good as it's going to get. No need to spend hours reading through something that's complete.

Anyways - thanks

he does have a point.. the FAQ does not have everything.. and most of what was done here is NOT THERE..... heck I cant even find stephanie's data zip anymore.... I had to look and look... and finally I say it under her nick..... come on guys a modification list would be awesome

The problem is that we all do this in our spare time, for the fun of it. It's not possible for one person to track all of the modifications and keep everything up to do.

As the instructions in the first post of the FAQ say, if you have something you think should be in there, post a reply and we'll add it. It's not a locked thread for that specific reason.

There are so many posts here - impossible for someone to read through everything to find that one that does what they want. Even with a search, you would have to comb through post after post.

This is why I thought it was a good idea for a FTP site.

Here is a suggestion - place some rules for posting final mods....

1. Subject must contain the word "FTP" (if the files are to be posted to the FTP) and the word "FINALMOD" (if this is a final working and tested mod)

2. In the body - place the URL for the FTP site and the file name to down

3. List the mod as text entry if someone wants to code themselves with step by step instructions dummied down for newbies to eliminate questions.

4. Screen shots of the mod(s)

When people do searches, they have a keywords that is linked only to final mods. Not too many people would pick a keyword "FINALMOD" to search for - so this keyword would surly limit the number of posts to dig through...

And yes you are correct - this place is for fun and people do this on their spare time but there is no reason why this couldn't be easier to navigate through. The technology is there - just implement it. Your response to search will be reduced and allow for more time to have fun...