AVIC411.com

Pioneer F90BT Pink wire and Light purple wire

I have a 2008 Ford GT500 and I am using a PAC C2R-FRD1 interface. My question is on the Radio harness there is a Pink (Car speed signal input) wire and a Light purple (Reverse gear signal input) wire do I need to hook these up to anything?? I notice that on my CR2D-FRD1 wire harness there is a Purple/White (VSS) wire does that get hooked to the Pink wire?? Also I am guessing I wouldn't have to connect the Green (Reverse light) wire if I don't have a back-up camera correct?? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as I am in the middle of finishing up the harness.. Thanks for your help.

Yes, connect the car speed signal wire to the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) wire in the harness. The backup wire does not need to be connected unless you are using a camera. Most advanced integration harnesses now-a-days have a backup lead in them though, so double check if yours does.

Thank you very much for the info and help.. I really appreciate it.. The harness does have a back-up lead but do I need to connect it even if the car is never going to have a back-up camera?? or just leave it unconnected.. Thanks again

DEPENDS how accurate you want your GPS to be. It lets the unit know that your stopped and going in reverse so the GPS doesnt have to depend so much on the SAT, recalculate the route, and eta time.

so no, you dont need it.

Thank you very much for the info and help.. I really appreciate it.. The harness does have a back-up lead but do I need to connect it even if the car is never going to have a back-up camera?? or just leave it unconnected.. Thanks again

DEPENDS how accurate you want your GPS to be. It lets the unit know that your stopped and going in reverse so the GPS doesnt have to depend so much on the SAT, recalculate the route, and eta time.

so no, you dont need it.

If the wire is there anyway, I'd hook it up.

It lets the unit know whether to add or subtract the pulses coming from the Vss, i.e. improves the accuracy for the calibration.

Without it, the unit will think you're going forward when you're actually moving backwards.. :?

so no, you dont need it.

If the wire is there anyway, I'd hook it up.

It lets the unit know whether to add or subtract the pulses coming from the Vss, i.e. improves the accuracy for the calibration.

Without it, the unit will think you're going forward when you're actually moving backwards.. :?

yeah, exactly what i meant, but in more simple terms. Which is why im taking my car apart... again... just to do this. so i kinda regret taking some short cuts.

the accuracy is in my German blood, and i want mine to be precise as possible.