AVIC411.com

Old: Who wants to beta test a new version of this site?

Check out http://www.avic411.com/testforum and tell me what you think!

I know there is no information there, but it should be a more streamlined/fast/efficient way of using the site. if you guys like it, all the information can be transferred over in a snap.

Some major improvements are the sub forums (so no more crazy long homepage),a much better search, and auto resize attachments!

I would absolutely switch to the theme phpBB provides. it just always works better than the ones someone else made. I've used xand in the past and discovered that it was causing issues with slowness and not posting properly. There was always something that it was not doing right.

I've also been using phpBB3 since the first RC and I love it. They've improved and streamlined a lot things. I look forward to the change.

ON the side note, I'm getting ready to switch the forums to phpBB3 on our car site as well.

The new version of phpBB looks good, it's definitely a huge step forward and brings the software a lot closer to vBulletin, IPB, etc.

Updating the forums is great, but how about a little better integration between the rest of the site and the forums, or just make the rest of the site go away and put the forums in the root?

Updating the forums is great, but how about a little better integration between the rest of the site and the forums, or just make the rest of the site go away and put the forums in the root?

I totally agree. Maybe a wiki-type homepage? Any ideas?

Looks good, Jason. Only suggestion I'd make is keep the recent forum activity somewhere on the homepage, but other than that it looks a lot more organized.

You know about the View New Posts link right? It's at the top of the forum index and will search for only posts that have a newer timestamp than your last visit.

It's not as reliable as some other forum software, and requires that you clear the timestamp for each forum individually, but it's a great way to keep track of what is new.