AVIC411.com

Help removing D3 from 07 Ford Escape

I've got a 2007 Ford Escape with a 700BT installed. I want to take it out and do the hardware bypass but I'm having trouble getting the unit out.

Does anyone have experience removing a deck from a Ford Escape? I can easily take the main dashboard cover off with a flathead screwdriver, but then I can't tell what to do next. Do I need to take the entire dashboard apart to get at the screws on the side of the unit? It would seem that there's a way to slide it straight out but I can't figure out how. I've searched Avic411 for pictures of Ford Escape installs and also spent a lot of time searching Google, but can't find anything useful.

If you have any pics you can post or know a link for a walkthrough of removing a deck from a Ford Escape please help!!

It turns out there's nothing to it. I just popped the main dashboard face off and then the Stereo was held in with these hokey little plastic clips that allow it to slide it one way and lock but not slide out. I just had to pry it back and forth until it slid out.

To anyone with the same issue : Ford Escapes are a piece of cake to get apart. You don't need to take off a single screw, there is a ton of room behind the dash and you can easily fish wires down to whereever you want. PM me if you need any help!

Scott