AVIC411.com

2008 Mustang GT

Alright here's the deal. I've had my Pioneer AVIC-Z2 in my 2008 Mustang GT for quite a while. I still haven't hooked up the VSS wire and I've got a bug up my ass to do it. No big deal.

I want to re-route the antenna since it's mounted in the headliner. Now my question is does the antenna need to be mounted on metal? Where is the best place? It gets 3 out of 5 bars where it's at but I'm sure it could be better. Can the antenna be mounted upside down? Sideways? Does it matter?

Now, here's another "good" question. I've got the Sirius antenna on my trunk lid. I don't need it. I'm not ever going to use it. Would it be possible to cut the end off of the Pioneer Navigation Antenna and splice it into the Sirius antenna?

Thanks in advance !!

Alright here's the deal. I've had my Pioneer AVIC-Z2 in my 2008 Mustang GT for quite a while. I still haven't hooked up the VSS wire and I've got a bug up my ass to do it. No big deal.

I want to re-route the antenna since it's mounted in the headliner. Now my question is does the antenna need to be mounted on metal? Where is the best place? It gets 3 out of 5 bars where it's at but I'm sure it could be better. Can the antenna be mounted upside down? Sideways? Does it matter?

Now, here's another "good" question. I've got the Sirius antenna on my trunk lid. I don't need it. I'm not ever going to use it. Now, would both of these antennas serve the same function? Would it be possible to cut the end off of the Pioneer Navigation Antenna and splice it into the Siruis antenna?

Thanks in advance !!

1.Yes it should be mounted on the metal plate or if your dash is metal that will suffice.

2.It should only be mounted right side up.

3.Do not ever cut the antenna.Sometimes you can reattach them and sometimes it will not work.

4.The best place is on the roof but you should get good reception on your dash or sometimes rear deck.Before you run the antenna cable just place the antenna on different spots of the dash or deck and drive around and see which gives the best reception before you place the wire.

Well, I'm not sure if nav sat antenna is a factory weakling or it's faulty but I couldn't get a half way decent signal any place inside the car. I ended up mounting it under the wiper cowl with great results, full signal.

I hooked up the VSS, too. However, when it says "Speed Pulse" in the 'Connection Menu', is that supposed to be your MPH? If so, mine reads pretty far off ... at 60 mph it says ~95.

Yes the windows are tinted. I'm thinking the tint might have a high metallic content. Now why would the VSS be reading like that? I was doing 80 mph today and it read some thing like 150. I reset it right after completing installing everything.

VSS does NOT equal speed. It is just a variable pulse that varies with speed. In order for the VSS to calibrate correctly, you MUST have good GPS satelite signal.

He stated that he had full signal but his speed is still too high.I'm stumped.How is your Nav. working? Is it smooth working or is it erratic moving?

Maybe I am mis-reading it... I thought that his speed pulse (in connection status menu) was giving a speed pulse (not actual speed) number that was higher than his actual speed.

He stated that he had full signal but his speed is still too high.I'm stumped.How is your Nav. working? Is it smooth working or is it erratic moving?

Maybe I am mis-reading it... I thought that his speed pulse (in connection status menu) was giving a speed pulse (not actual speed) number that was higher than his actual speed.

Correct, that was what I was asking. I didn't know if the speed pulse in the connection status menu was giving me a mph or what. The menu to the right in settings, I forget what it's called, gives an accurate speed though. The navigation is working great now though. Thanks for your help, too. Now I'm thinking about getting a Z3 HD ...