AVIC411.com

Just to clear some things up in my head...

Ok, I have been reading around a lot and going to all the big topics and I am just a little confused.

I understand that you boot up with the SD card containing the Testmode & MiTACAP in the head unit. Then it copies everything onto the SD card.. what exactly does it copy though? The DATA.zip? Then you add your files to the DATA folder and zip it back up?

I dont understand what it puts on your SD card and how do you get changes from your SD card to the system..

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

iGNiTiON

It doesn't copy anything automatically, it just boots you into a windows environment. From here you can make a number of changes, the most common of which involve changes to the data.zip file in "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\" If you navigate to that directory on your unit you will find a data.zip file, simply replace it with your new data.zip and the changes will take effect when you take out the key, remove the sd card and start it back up.

Nothing gets automatically copied to yours SD card, you have to manually copy and paste what you want onto it. What exactly are you trying to do?

Well, I am just trying to grasp the concept of this. I can jailbreak and edit any file on the iPhone but this is just a whole new territory. I dont actually have a AVIC-F unit yet but before the end of May I will have a AVIC-F700BT.

I definitely plan on doing the software bypass, but I will probably do a few little mods and some skinning as well.

From what I see, there aren't many tutorials for beginners that actually show the whole process and explain it thoroughly, which is something I might make when I get my unit.

Do you mind talking on AIM? I saw that you had one..

my aim is: chobeeking