AVIC411.com

New Unit Theme by GUGA - Version 2.0

GuGa!

Looks like finally I'm going to get the F90BT... It should be in my hands by saturday....

In meanwhile, could you help me to make sure I don't mess up my new unit?

I have some questions for you:

1) All mods are done with the SD card right? Can I save the SD content in some PC to make a backup in case things goes wrong?

2) To modify the Icons all I need to do is to change the image.res, unzip it with the 7-zip, make my changes, zip it back, put in the APL folder and reload it in the unit? Is that correct? Is there any parameter about the resolution of the BMP image?

3) Where did you find the Brazilian Maps? Again, all I need to do is to put the maps in the right folder right? Which folder should that be?

Valeu! Abraço!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GuGa!

Looks like finally I'm going to get the F90BT... It should be in my hands by saturday....

In meanwhile, could you help me to make sure I don't mess up my new unit?

I have some questions for you:

1) All mods are done with the SD card right? Can I save the SD content in some PC to make a backup in case things goes wrong?

2) To modify the Icons all I need to do is to change the image.res, unzip it with the 7-zip, make my changes, zip it back, put in the APL folder and reload it in the unit? Is that correct? Is there any parameter about the resolution of the BMP image?

3) Where did you find the Brazilian Maps? Again, all I need to do is to put the maps in the right folder right? Which folder should that be?

Valeu! Abraço!

1. Personally all i use is the SD slot, but you can also use a USB stick. And the first thing you should do when you get it is load up testmode and make an entire backup of your unit.

2.Yes all you need to do is modify image.res, as for the parameters, I would stick to the resolution and format that whatever Icon's you modify use(I have not modified images res myself but i have used GUGA's theme and it works great)

3. sorry i can't help with the brazillion maps, though you could checkout the igo forums.

anyhoo, goodluck with the install and future modding

thanks DarkMaster.... can't wait to start the mods

about the BR maps: actually I've already downloaded a map for the iGo, but I have no idea how to proceed.... of course once I have the unit in my hands that should be a little easier, since I'm just imagining things....

Let's wait for Guga to tell me about the maps... he has it installed so he should know better what to do...

Thanks all

thanks DarkMaster.... can't wait to start the mods

about the BR maps: actually I've already downloaded a map for the iGo, but I have no idea how to proceed.... of course once I have the unit in my hands that should be a little easier, since I'm just imagining things....

Let's wait for Guga to tell me about the maps... he has it installed so he should know better what to do...

Thanks all

Hi Japinha,

You need to copy the hacked ezrider.exe and the worldwide license to your igo directory....there's a bunch of topics here explaning how to do it, just make sure you use the correct hack. I'm running version 2.0 so I use this hack http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... zrider+exe .

Make sure you have the correct map version (igo 8.0).

Backup all you files before doing any mods.

Regards,

GUGA

• 3 weeks later...

riddle me this, I want the apple theme but I work with only mac computers so this zipping and unzipping doesn't work for me. I want the generic layout you made. I downloaded your "generic destination" rapidshare link. If I don't want to make any changes to what you've already created, ie iphone ipod safari map images. can I just copy the zip over to the sd and copy it to my f90 as is? and what folder do I copy it to?

David