AVIC411.com

If you just hardwire it in SYS.TXT than it will always be on (or off). If you want to be able to toggle it you need a settings screen for that....

just found out that the setting is already there, i went to look at the route setting and it has the option for you to be able to turn it on/off

If you just hardwire it in SYS.TXT than it will always be on (or off). If you want to be able to toggle it you need a settings screen for that....

just found out that the setting is already there, i went to look at the route setting and it has the option for you to be able to turn it on/off

500 has it (since it can be used in pedestrian mode). For 700-900-90 it takes a hack.

Thought I'd help out by posting the following regarding 'Snap to Road'. I had no idea what the phrase meant so I Googled it and found the following, it may help others understand a little better if they wish to install the hack.

Snap to Road (a.k.a. as Lock to Road)

This is a feature used by all high-end navigation systems to ensure that your position is shown on a road and not a few millimeters next to it, something that most people would consider distracting. The downside to this is that when reception is bad, your GPS position can be too erroneous to enable the program to interpret it correctly and as a result it might get confused and "snap" you to the wrong road and re-route you. I've seen this happen with Destinator (in NMEA mode) but also with Garmin's GPS V standalone unit.

Still this is a feature that's desirable. AFAIK only two programs currently do not implement it, Teletype and Mapopolis

Regards

Pete