AVIC411.com

DATA.ZIP question

I made the modifications I wanted. I backed up the data.zip and put the one I modified in. But after I rebooted it seemed like it was stuck saying "System Startup in Progress". I may have been impatient but it seemed like it was taking an unusually long time to start up.

Is it applying the changes I made and is that why it was taking so long? I just put the old data.zip file back. And it seems to be working fine now. I just want to know if I need to be more patient with the process.

Dave

It crashed. There is something wrong in the data.zip. When that happens the unit creates a crash log. Next time you're in My Flash Disk find the crash log and open it for clues. Part of the fun is trying to figure out why it crashed. It's a part in the learning process. The easy way out is just use someone else's zip file, but what have you actually learned by doing that. It's okay to start with, but to personalize it how you want it is much more rewarding.