AVIC411.com

Speed adaptive volume control

The F-Series is seriously lacking in the audio settings department. The vehicles speed is known, so it would be very easy to automatically adjust the volume, and have the sensitivity set in a menu.

Also, I wish they had a setting for the turn-on volume like most OEM headunits have. I hate that if I'm listening to the music with it really loud on my way home from work, that it's that same volume the next morning. It scares the crap out of me.

There are Dynamic Volume settings but they only pertain to nav voice level :roll:

My OEM setup does this and I hate it. It's a huge pain in the ass to remove so I deal with it.

Actually it's really easy to turn off, it's in the radio menu under GALA, just set it to 0 (not that it matters as you don't have the factory headunit in anymore).

Actually it's really easy to turn off, it's in the radio menu under GALA, just set it to 0 (not that it matters as you don't have the factory headunit in anymore).

The only way to turn it off on a B6 is to do harness bypass on the amp it self and I believe you have to do something with the mic as well. There is a TSB out there for it. It requires removing a lot of things in the trunk so I just gave up on it. Also, it's cabin noise that drives it not speed.