AVIC411.com

turn by turn voice guide doesnt happen\cant change map view

BACKGROUND:

(avic- D1) parking brake and vss might* not be attached correctly. parking brake and empty slot on the pioneer harness are both grounded to the car chasis.

PROBLEM:

I get no turn by turn voice guidance nor can i change the map view to guide or route view when i have entered a destination and i begin driving. (pioneer said you must be in route to change map views).

Any suggestion??[/i]
If your d1 is bypassed, which is what I'm reading by your first statement, you shouldn't have any problems. Is the voice guidance on? Hold the source button until the d1 says off. Then push in on the dial. that will bring up a menu. You want the initial one. Then make sure the voice is set to come out of the speakers. Next turn it back on go to the system menu and make sure the voice guidance is turned on there too. As for the changing of view, when you hit the map button in nav mode does it even brin up the other options? Are they greyed out?
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]If your d1 is bypassed, which is what I'm reading by your first statement, you shouldn't have any problems. Is the voice guidance on? Hold the source button until the d1 says off. Then push in on the dial. that will bring up a menu. You want the initial one. Then make sure the voice is set to come out of the speakers. Next turn it back on go to the system menu and make sure the voice guidance is turned on there too. As for the changing of view, when you hit the map button in nav mode does it even brin up the other options? Are they greyed out?[/quote]

Yes, the voice guidance volume in the "initial" menus is turned up and i can hear the woman and beeps... also, the voice guidance is turned to on in the other menu.

The map options are greyed out, i can only choose map view or vehicle dynamics.
[quote name="joe.rieger"]On my D2 After I set my destination and the route is calculated I need to press the green button in the top left of the screen in order to have the voice guidance start.[/quote]

yeah, i can push the button on the map too- but i shouldnt have to push it to hear each turn, pioneer said it should automatically talk. do you have to keep pushing it after you do it once then it keeps talking?
I just have to push it once and then it keeps on going. Occasionally though, it will tell me to make a left turn when the map shows a right turn...kind of weird, but I guess it's ok because I have the map onscreen in front of me. In certain areas where the map shows my route in purple, it says "There is no voice guidance for this area"...or something like that. Only when the route is green do I get voice.
  • 10 months later...
[quote name="joe.rieger"]I just have to push it once and then it keeps on going. Occasionally though, it will tell me to make a left turn when the map shows a right turn...kind of weird, but I guess it's ok because I have the map onscreen in front of me. In certain areas where the map shows my route in purple, it says "There is no voice guidance for this area"...or something like that. Only when the route is green do I get voice.[/quote]

i had the same problem with this weekend when returning from the beach. purple route (which was previously green) did not have voice guidance no matter what i did. is this normal in rural areas even though it can actually show accurate map data and plan a route?