AVIC411.com

Oops :( I broke my screen.

Glad this post was of some use to someone.

As far as a step by step goes there wasn't much to it.

The screen has to be open.

Turn the unit over so you can access the little panel where the ribbon is, remove the cover and slide the ribbon out. I can't remember at the moment which side was easier to remove. I think I removed it from the head unit then removed the screen. There are 2 screws holding the screen on the sliding chassis so once the screws are removed and the ribbon is removed you can twist the assembly out, be careful of that little spring that wraps around the screw on the right.

Then just remove the screws from the housing you can use a small flat head to pry it apart. The insides are easy to disassemble once the case is taken apart. The touch screen just sits on the face of the LCD. the connection is removed then the touch panel can be replaced, reverse procedure for reassembly.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Just curious if anyone has any detailed pics of the screen itself with the Pioneer board removed?

I occasionally find these with cracked screens and replacements are prohibitively expensive through Pioneer.  I wonder if these screens were manufactured by a different company (Sharp, AUO, LG, etc).