AVIC411.com

PAC SWI-PS

I have installed one in my 2004 Chev Silverado 2500HD and it works perfectly. I don't even experience any delay, which others have written about.

I'm not sure of the Hummer but the Silverado has an up and down source button and the PAC SWI-PS has only one source program (one button to cycle through all the sources) so I programmed the down source button to mute. Which unfortunately isn't a button on the Z1. It comes in pretty handy.

Definitely follow cntrylver79's advice and read the directions a couple times, it will help.
For mine it was only three. Power, Ground, and 1 Data wire. The module should will have a couple sets of paper instructions. One for programming and general install, the other with list which wires are used specific for you vehicle. If you go to [url=http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/peswix_insructions.asp]http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/pe ... ctions.asp[/url] you can read up on what the harness entails.

The harness will have several wires and the instructions will tell you which one to use. You can leave the other wires on the harness and insulate them with tape or remove them from the plastic harness with a very small screwdriver or pin. The wires are held in the plastic harness with a very small metal tab. Push in the tab and pull the wire out.

I did this to help with the massive amounts of wiring I had with the Z1 wires, the Bose/Onstar wire harness, the chime module and the steering wheel remote module.
Just remember to cut the brown loop wire on the SWIPS harness. Other wise the controls will work strangely. Also, make sure you pull the ign. power for the swips from the same place as the Z1 gets its acc. lead, or the Z1 will repeatedly change source after you shut off the car until you open the door.
  • 1 month later...