AVIC411.com

N3 'says' no antenna. Should I believe it?

I parked in an underground parking yesterday. Of course, the GPS signal was lost.

Got outside of the parking and the map was moving, but soon after the little arrow was no longer on a street. Before long, it's way off from my actual location, but still trying to do something like dead reckoning.

Checking the hardware setup, it says the antenna is disconnected.

So, before I start pulling everything apart only to find that it needed a reboot... have any of you seen this before?

Thanks

'c'

if your arrow keeps moving and does not turn or if it stops altogether you most likely have a dead gps antenna. I have burned out 2 antennas thus far on my avic unit in the last 6 years.

You can also try repositioning the antenna, removing it altogether and making sure its not getin crushed by something in the car, but most likely its a busted antenna

Thanks WastedTime2525

That was EXACTLY what was wrong. Posting follow up here in case future searches will solve your problem also.

Symptoms: Map moved like it was tracking, but not in correct actual location. Checking hardware settings>connection reveals "GPS antenna faulty, check with service".

I was lucky enough to have a car stereo store nearby that happened to have Pioneer antenna in the spare parts bin and after plugging it in and the displayed worked as it should, paid for the antenna and finished the install.

Carter

Thanks WastedTime2525

That was EXACTLY what was wrong. Posting follow up here in case future searches will solve your problem also.

Symptoms: Map moved like it was tracking, but not in correct actual location. Checking hardware settings>connection reveals "GPS antenna faulty, check with service".

I was lucky enough to have a car stereo store nearby that happened to have Pioneer antenna in the spare parts bin and after plugging it in and the displayed worked as it should, paid for the antenna and finished the install.

Carter

glad i could help. Ive gotten so much help on these forums its nice to return the favor back to someone.