AVIC411.com

I did the soldering to bypass the avic-n1 after installing the 60-MT disc and as far as i thought everything went smoothly. The problem is that when i put the unit in my car and power it on it just opens all the way and then the power goes off. Its just stuck and sits there. I can hit reset but then it just closes and then reopens and then turns off again. Someone please have some good advice!!!!!
Try using a solder sucker or solder wick and undo the mod you made. Then see if the unit behaves like it used to. If it does, you may have used too much solder or shorted the contact points on the board to the chassis. If not, then you have the unforunate task of sending your unit out for repair.
I have read in other forums that if the solder touches the edge of the ground pland just above the two solder points that this exact problem can occur. The ground plane looks like white/off white and is just above the two solder points. if you accendentally managed to short out the jumper (solder points) and this area do what has been suggested and use a solder wick abd try unsoldering it. I am not sure if this causes a permant problem or if once reomved the unit will return to full operation. In the future you might try a liquid circuit pen to draw the connection as it gives you more control over the amount of conductive material you are placing on the circuit board. They are available at radio shack.
I had the same prob when modding my avic n2. I used a circuit pen and got too much of it on the contact points and then it wouldnt power up. I just scraped it off and it worked again, I had to go back and forth to get the connection right.
I am sure that if you can get the solder off, it will work again. You didn't fry the board, dont worry. Just get that solder off and you will be fine. Use a circuit pen after you get the solder off.
it is really no big deal.

update: wait a sec. I just saw that you tried soldering an N1. I thought that there was no need to solder an N1.
i just did that mod an hour ago
it scared the crap out of me
the same thing happened to me
but i took mine apart to solder it like the link at eatmorepork showed, i did it right on the circuit board. not through some hole like i hear everone talking about. afterwards mine wouldn't come on so i went back in and cleaned up the solder a bit and now it works. first it reset to LA california and said my dvd was bad.
luckily i had another laying around and that worked fine. I drove around the block and tested it and it works just like it used to before the upgrade and the hack(i can now drive and enter destinations with the new dvds). BTW it seems a bit off by about 20 yards or so when i drove it on some streets. I'll see if i can find a fix for that on the forum somewhere