AVIC411.com

Scosche updates the passPORT:Is this what we're looking for?

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/2 ... uctID/1695

I was posting in the iTouch compatibility thread about trying to figure out a solution to get out newer ipods and iphones to work with the old ipod units. This seemed pretty simple in theory, just rerouting the 5v to the USB line and pulling down a couple of pins with some resistors to get them into "charge" mode. From reading the passPORT page, it seems that is is exactly what this unit does...

The product page is free from the "Select Pioneer head-units that use the CD-iB100 or CD-i200 iPod to IP-Bus adapter" incompatibility note so this week I'll be plunking down the $40 to see if it's worth it. If someone else tries it before me, then by all means go ahead and post your experience in this thread.

Edit: Rather than possibly throwing $40 down the drain (I'm a poor college student) I've e-mailed technical support and asked them about the compatibility. I'll let you know.

Edit 2: Wow, didn't realize the guy in the other thread got his prototype working... I must be blind. Either way, the only incompatibility I can see is if this adapter doesn't pass through the serial lines...