AVIC411.com

AVIC-D1 Wiring information and bypass, need help.

Hi, I am new here so take it easy on me! I bought a used truck 2007 Ford Expedition with this unit in it. The Navigation CD was no good so I bought a copy of the West disc off of Ebay and it would not work? I think I have a wiring issue as someone has done some crazy stuff with the wiring. Looks like they did the hack but cut the wires to unhack it? What I am looking for is a schematic or illustration on what color wires are suppose to be where on a "stock" harness. From there I think I can do the hack correctly and maybe the disc will work??? Any help is most appreciated!

Roger

Thanks for the links, but I have been there already. The manuals do not tell me which wire color is in what location, especially if my plugs have been messed with. If you have information on colored wires and where they belong (from the factory) that would be helpful.

FYI, fiqured it out......Found a picture of the plug on here with where the bypass wire needs to be. It is off the black plug and inserts above the factory black ground wire. Thanks again for your comments. Looking forward to doing the same thing when I upgrade to the F90BT.