AVIC411.com

Newbie needs N1 Help

Hi all...... I'm really glad I found this site!!

I have a AVIC-N1 (allready in a vehicle I just purchased) and of course am going crazy without being able to view DVD and NAV while driving.

So, as far as I can understand on here, is all I have to do to get rid of this problem is to, ground out the E-Brake signal wire and then install (solder) 1 jumper wire on the circuit board (as per 2nd post with pics in N1 section)??? Is that correct, or is there more to it???

Please help, just so I know what I will have to deal with!!!

Any info. would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanx So much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

Aswell I have the new 2008 updated discs (CNDV-80MT)......Is that going to be a problem....????

Please advise....

Thanx

• 1 month later...

Your gonna need the old 40MT-Discs if you want to use the old permanent ground to E-brake method. Otherwise your going to have to solder something in the circuit board if you are using the 80-MT discs. If you want to downgrade to 40-MT, you can get the discs on ebay. I did a quick search and came up with http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-CNDV-40MT-West-Disc-to-roll-back-your-AVIC_W0QQitemZ280326178442QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGPS_Maps_Software?hash=item280326178442&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Hope this helps :D

Thank you very much for the reply!!!

1 more question, with that being said...... If I do buy these 40MT discs and with the ebrake being permanently grounded, I will be able to have the NAV running all the time and update POI's/have full functionality while driving, but will I be able to watch DVD's while driving just by insatlling the old discs???

Thanx again

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhhh no......If thats true then Im screwed!!!

I have allready installed the new 80 discs....so your saying that with having done that, I will not be able to do a damn thing with the 40 discs I just purchased???

The dude on that ebay link says it can be done (but of course he wont tell me because I purchased original copies for cheaper from someone else)....you just have to get into a service menu, and its very easy???

I dont know what to believe

Again, Please Help.....and again Thank You