AVIC411.com

AVIC F90BT vs Kenwood DNX9140

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Kenwood 8120 and 6140 and actually like them very much--

Tru, the Pio GUI is much better and user friendly... WHEN and IF it works

I don't mind the idiot proof garmin navi -- basically, if the navigation's purpose is to get you somewhere -- why do you need it coddle you and call you Papa? I guess IMHO, the garmin does the job i need it to do.

As far as Kenwood BT/phone calls -- i just press and hold the FNC key > 1 seconds at any time at any screen and it'll put me to the telephone screen. I have six presets for my fab-"six" and i have voicetags for many others that works just fine -- i don't know why the other user is having so much difficulty using the BT on the kenwood -- but i agree with him that it's more complicated to use initially than the Pioneer.

At least the Kenwood BT is reliable (for my phones) and doesn't freeze the system like the F90bt...

Kenwood startup times SMOKE Pioneer -- I love how people people on this board compensate for the post-2.0 startup times ..LOL

The 9140 screen shots are fairly different than the 8120 -- higher resolution, better looking garmin with advanced lane guidance and information -- i'd say it's a significant improvement from the 8120

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my unit today. Had a chance to play with it in the store and it is AWESOME. The voice recognition works very well. I will be posting a detailed review as soon as I get it installed and will also be posting videos as well. Stay tuned.

Just picked up my unit today. Had a chance to play with it in the store and it is AWESOME. The voice recognition works very well. I will be posting a detailed review as soon as I get it installed and will also be posting videos as well. Stay tuned.

Please share your pictures and installation experience as soon as you can. Thank you. Also can you tell us which store you were able to play around with it? I wouldn't mind checking it out as well.

can you plz post your youtube link and intsall pics and review? I been searching EVERYWHERE fora review :@

This thing is expensive.. $1799 USD.... thats like 2k CDN.. my god.

Guys sorry, I didn't realize you couldn't post videos to youtube that were over 10 minutes long. I will be doing another video late tonight when I return from work. I will post it as soon as I can.

Yea, over the next hour I will be recording two vids, one for audio source voice recognition and the second will be the nav voice recognition features. I hope to get them uploaded tonight but they take a while to upload, stay tuned, I will post the links as soon as Im done. Also, there does seem to be some minor bugs with the unit and I will be pointing them out in the vids. Nothing to real bad though, certainly not as bad as the F series pre 2.0.

Yea, over the next hour I will be recording two vids, one for audio source voice recognition and the second will be the nav voice recognition features. I hope to get them uploaded tonight but they take a while to upload, stay tuned, I will post the links as soon as Im done. Also, there does seem to be some minor bugs with the unit and I will be pointing them out in the vids. Nothing to real bad though, certainly not as bad as the F series pre 2.0.

Stop teasing us :(