AVIC411.com

AVIC F90BT vs Kenwood DNX9140

I've gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in the voice command. I don't really see the point of having voice command if you still have to look at the screen to direct the unit (line1, line3, etc.)

Well in my case, as I stated in the vid, I never could get the F series to work at all for voice control of my ipod. So what the Kenwood offers is a welcome site and is apparently flawless in the way it works. If you have seen success with the F series voice ipod control, I can see how this may not be impressive.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the videos - I see that this unit is fairly glitchy as the F series was at first - so there will likely be a forum starting soon.

I prefer the F Series voice control for the iPod - much better (I have a old utube video that shows the voice control of the ipod much better than the kenwood) - the nav in the kenwood is very cool - I give it points for that and the bigger screen is also very cool. For once though my F900 boots way faster.

In all though - I do not see this as blowing away the F Series - many people may not like the F Series - but hey it has been out way longer than the Kenwood - so I've enjoyed bluetooth, iPod voice control/video, navigation etc for almost 2 years. Does the kenwood support a cd changer? That would be nice.

Thanks,

I sensed some demand for a forum for the DNX units, so I created one here: http://www.kenwoodforums.com

I'm not trying to detract from avic411 at all--this site is amazing, and will always continue to be the leader for avic information. But I've seen several posts about the lack of a forum for the kenwoods, so I thought I'd throw one up. It's pretty basic for now, but as the user base grows, I'll customize it more.

As an aside, I still haven't received my DNX9140, but I will post a review on here when I get it.

Dave

I sensed some demand for a forum for the DNX units, so I created one here: http://www.kenwoodforums.com

I'm not trying to detract from avic411 at all--this site is amazing, and will always continue to be the leader for avic information. But I've seen several posts about the lack of a forum for the kenwoods, so I thought I'd throw one up. It's pretty basic for now, but as the user base grows, I'll customize it more.

As an aside, I still haven't received my DNX9140, but I will post a review on here when I get it.

Dave

Dodgeboy,

Let me be the first to thank you :) Great idea !! Look forward to your post and reviews.