AVIC411.com

iGO8 v8.3.2.71348 Jan 07 2009 on my Avic S1

Great job. I haven't checked the new software yet. It is 3D?

Yes it is with all the buildings and so......... But disappointing part is that IGO8 made not to many buildings for Canadian map . I live in Toronto and can only see them if I am in downtown :( USA has more , but Europe is loaded . I think its really stupid of them not to care about NA market . Anyway the software it self is the best I have seeing yet , great graphics, great routing and so........... Avic original soft just nothing against iGO8 .

One more sad thing is that Bluetooth is disabled , and no solution for it yet.

Honestly I dont care about bluetooth , it was crappy any way :lol:

I have a problem. I downloaded the iGo8. Its a file that u just have to copy to yours SD card and then run autorun.exe file and it will install automatically. But when I'm doing that its says that I don't have enough memory on my device. What I have to do to install it on my SD card not the device memory?

Ok the best way for you to install iGO8 to SD card ( minimum 2GB card needed ) is to use Win CE unlocker .

I am happy with WinCE unlocker V3 , their are other versions avalable .

Extract

put the files "autorunCE.exe and mnavdce.cab" on sd card

put SD card in Avic

do a hard reset from the back of Avic

at the beginning of the install click "yes to all"

When restarted your windows use 'File Explorer" to brows your Avic folders

Folder "Storage card" is you SD card

now just open it and install any navigation software.

After it is all installed and running the iGo8 will be always active , only if you do hard reset from the back you will have to just brows to igo8.exe and run again ( no need for installation )

Here is the link to download WinCE unlocker :

http://benji46.free.fr/UNLOCK.htm

NavNgo8.jpg11504.jpg

DJEurobeat, I can use some help. I've wasted way too much time already.

I've done the following:

1. Unlock WinCE

2. downloaded the NOV 08 release. Changed sys.txt to say "app="Storage Card/iGO8"" instead of "app="%SDCARD%/iGO8""

3. Loaded into SD Card and ran the Storage Card/2577/autorun.exe from WinCE Windows Explorer

4. That seems to "install" IGO8. So I go to "program files/IGO8/IGO8.exe" to run the navigation program.

5. The IGO8 splash screen shows for a sec then I'm back to windows explorer. IGO8 doesn't seem to be running. If i run the IGO8.exe again, I get the "Previous instance of IGO 8 has not finished exiting yet..." error.

What did I do wrong?? I'm willing just start all over if I have. Your step by step instructions and links to proper releases and updates will be much appreciated!

After more tinkering, I got the navigation program running now. But I'm running into two problems.

1. Whenver I hard-reset, the autorunce.exe is executed and tries to reinstall the unlocker. How can I make it so that it just run the winCE and not ask to reinstall? Do I have to delete the autorunce.exe or mnavdce.zip out of the SD card? I also lose the IGO8 installation whenever I hard-reset.

2. I'm not getting any satellite connection. Can someone share their sys.txt? I'm assuming something wrong in my sys.txt

After more tinkering, I got the navigation program running now. But I'm running into two problems.

1. Whenver I hard-reset, the autorunce.exe is executed and tries to reinstall the unlocker. How can I make it so that it just run the winCE and not ask to reinstall? Do I have to delete the autorunce.exe or mnavdce.zip out of the SD card? I also lose the IGO8 installation whenever I hard-reset.

2. I'm not getting any satellite connection. Can someone share their sys.txt? I'm assuming something wrong in my sys.txt

If you do a hard reset you will have to reinstall unlocker its not big of a deal 10 sec. You shouldn't lose Igo8 installation . Some thin wrong wit your files , not sys.txt ( sys.txt is only working when software is running, but there maybe a mistake that tells the software to crush or lose system savings and it could make that problem ) Pioneer is not like the other PDA/PNA devices :( If you do small thing incorrect it will not run .