AVIC411.com

Help Please!! Installed the F90bt but no power

Here is how my install is going badly.

When I unplugged the antenna it looks like it came in half.

Before I install everything in it I plugged in the harness, turned ignition on and nothing on HU. Tried hitting reset but nothing coming on. Will not having the antenna plugged in keep it from powering on?

Have a 09 mustang with 4 speaker system.

I haven't installed a stereo since the early ninetys but am technicle.

I plugged in OEM radio and it still works minus the antenna.

You have to have three things connected correctly for the AVIC to power up. None of the other connections have anything to do with it just powering up (screen on).

The red wire must be connected to power (+12V), must be over 10.8 volts and under 16 volts.

The yellow wire must be connected to switched power (+12V), must be over 10.8 volts and under 16 volts, and must be on.

The black wire must be connected to a good electrical ground. It seems that this is one that several have had trouble with.

I found my volt meter and the plugged in the harness without radio. Touched end of plug with yellow and ground wires and they work. Tried red and nothing.

I had the red wire from radio harness attached to the metra red wire on that harness. Took off the connected wire and still no juice.

You have to have three things connected correctly for the AVIC to power up. None of the other connections have anything to do with it just powering up (screen on).

The red wire must be connected to power (+12V), must be over 10.8 volts and under 16 volts.

The yellow wire must be connected to switched power (+12V), must be over 10.8 volts and under 16 volts, and must be on.

The black wire must be connected to a good electrical ground. It seems that this is one that several have had trouble with.

You have that backwards, the red is connected to switched power and the yellow to constant power.

Right now the yellow wire is showing constant power.

The Red wire from unit has a piece of paper that has ACC on it.

The wire on the harness say 12 v ignition.

This is from the wiring harness instructions.

'In the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles listed on back there are no 12 volt accessory wires in the factory radio harness making the installer run an accessory wire to the fuse box or underneath the steering column

when installing an aftermarket radio. The XSVI-5520-NAV is designed to provide a 12 volt 10 amp switched accessory output along with the rest of the wires needed to install an aftermarket radio. The

R.A.P. (Retained Accessory Power) function is retained by the XSVI-5520-NAV.

The XSVI-5520-NAV also provides essential wires required for aftermarket radios that have navigation.

Provided is VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense), Reverse, and Parking Brake. This cuts down the installation time since the installer does not have to look for these wires in the vehicle.

So is the reason there is no power coming out because of this.

INITIALIZE THE XSVI INTERFACE BEFORE TURNING ON RADIO: With all connections made and harnesses connected to the vehicle, turn ignition key to the ON position for thirty seconds, then turn

key off.

I think it might be the harness. Turned key on for 30 seconds then off and then turned on but still nothing on radio. I just noticed that the plug has 2 constant yellow cables in plugged in.

Guess I can look for another ignition option.

Yes, I did get the red and the yellow wires backwards.

You have a wiring harness adapter made for prior years. The 09 Mustang does not have a switched power wire going to the stock radio. Instead, on and off commands are sent to it by the CAN data bus. You can get a CAN based adapter, or you can go hunting elsewhere in the car to try and find a switched power signal.

I think it might be the harness. Turned key on for 30 seconds then off and then turned on but still nothing on radio. I just noticed that the plug has 2 constant yellow cables in plugged in.

Guess I can look for another ignition option.

Two yellow cables ? You're not confusing the yellow with the yellow/black are you ? The yellow/black is the mute wire.

When you look at the Metra wiring harness it has two yellow cables coming out of the same hole in the plug.

I just tested the radio by putting the red wire to power and radio came on. So it looks like that module isn't doing it's job. If you want to see a pic do a search for XSVI-5520-NAV.

I guess I need to find another place to connect the red wire to and bypass the module.

• 12 years later...