AVIC411.com

Slight thump with D1

I hooked my D1 up to test it and everythign works great except I get a slight amp thump through the stock subs when I turn the car off and the D1 powers down. Any thoughts??

Note this is a thump or pop when I turn the unit off. Ill have to go back and notice it it happens when I turn it on as well.
02 porsche 911. I experimented a bit and this is what I found. I have a very slight thump when changing sources and a fairly loud thump when turning the car off. Nothing when coming on. I do have the bose system with subs. Thanks!

PS- Anyone know where the VSS wire is on this car?
When you wired up the harness did you use the speaker wires from the avic harness or the rca plugs? THe car has a factory amp in it obviously. What you'll have to do is grab a cheap set of rcas and cut the ends off. Solder the ends to the speaker wires of the harness for the car. Then plug the rcas into the avic. Tape up the speaker wires from the avic so they don't short.

As for vss try this.

Speed Sense gray/pink alarm/door lock module
Notes: The alarm/door lock module is under the driver seat.
So basically drive the factory amp with a signal from the D1s RCAs instead of the from the D1s internal amp? Now the harness I am using ads 2 sets of RCA inputs, but they didnt seem to do anything. The factory radio simple output through speaker wires. The wirign pin diagram is actually on the top. Finally, will there be any harm besides the thump by keeping it this way, because it sounds pretty good.

On the VSS what is the location? It is just the gray and pink wire under the seat?

Thanks!

[quote name="cntrylvr79"]When you wired up the harness did you use the speaker wires from the avic harness or the rca plugs? THe car has a factory amp in it obviously. What you'll have to do is grab a cheap set of rcas and cut the ends off. Solder the ends to the speaker wires of the harness for the car. Then plug the rcas into the avic. Tape up the speaker wires from the avic so they don't short.

As for vss try this.

Speed Sense gray/pink alarm/door lock module
Notes: The alarm/door lock module is under the driver seat.[/quote]
Cool. So it sounds like to the factory headunit sends a low level signal through speaker wire to the amp and since I am sendign a high level signal through it thumps. DOes that sound right?

As far as the RCAs so I have never wired a set tp speaker wires. I am guessing one wire will be the negative and one the positive. How do I tell which one is which? After this mod will the signal be very low and quiet?

Also, are rcas on the metra harness good for anything? From lookign at the diagram I think they may be a line out???

Thanks!
[quote name="quest"]Cool. So it sounds like to the factory headunit sends a low level signal through speaker wire to the amp and since I am sendign a high level signal through it thumps. DOes that sound right? [/quote]

Sounds about right

[quote name="quest"]As far as the RCAs so I have never wired a set tp speaker wires. I am guessing one wire will be the negative and one the positive. How do I tell which one is which? After this mod will the signal be very low and quiet?[/quote]

Pretty much. When you strip the rcas the center conductor is positve and the outer is negative

[quote name="quest"]Also, are rcas on the metra harness good for anything? From lookign at the diagram I think they may be a line out???

Thanks![/quote]

Hard to say without seeing the harness.
  • 9 months later...
Can anyone tell me what parts I will need to create a delay for the headunit the will hold the power a few extra seconds? I believe this will solve the problem as my stock headunit stayed on for about 10 seconds after the car was turned off. The D1 does not do this. Thanks!
I have the same problem. Everytime i shut off the car the speakers thump. Even with the radio off. Did you try hooking up the rca outputs like previously mentioned? or is it still hooked up to the other speaker outputs? Anybody have this problem? how did they fix it? I have a 2003 KIa Optima with a factory amplifier with the D! installed.