AVIC411.com

CNDV-80MT Download and Howto Burn

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been hovering around here for a while doing a little reading, and first I would like to say thanks for some of the great information.

I DLed the east coast disk a few weeks before it was posted here, I have had to hold onto it because the closest Bestbuy with DVD+R DLs is almost an hour away. I really didn't have a choice, all they had were Verbatim. I opened the ISO file and using NERO 9, burned with out adjusting any default settings.

Long story short I burned and installed (CNDV 80MT East Coast) with a Verbatim DVD+R DL and NERO 9, my D3 installed the new firmware and is currently working flawlessly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed / Updated using the following:

FujiFilm DVD+R Dual Layers (onlything futureshop had)

Software wise: power2Go DVD writer that came with something.. not sure what

4x default settings

Worked flawlessly. put the disk in and it ran through everything. Things i've noticed so far

routing maps in the toronto area / Niagara region seems about 2x as fast as it was on the 07 factory printed disk. not sure why, but the unit overal seems a lot more responsive

• 1 month later...

Ok so I have a bit of a problem.

I too had lost my original 70mt East disk so I downloaded the 80mt disks and loaded up the East Disk. Everything went smoothly, all installed and everything looked great! Then I went into the menu to try to do an address or POI Search. All of the buttons wont allow me to press them.

I tried to go to the system settings to try the language change to downgrade my maps which I read about earlier in this forum, but that button will not let me press it either. Almost all of the buttons are not allowing me to press them. Only certain random ones are letting me. I can use addresses out of my addressbook, but I cant get new ones.

I dont have the remote so I cant figure out how to downgrade my maps so that I can retry installing the new disk.

Any help?

• 2 weeks later...

I burned the memorex DVD and had it working for about 6 months but recently things are pretty bad with resets and I have a possible theory its been pretty hot over in the east coast (summer time) could it be possible the hot weather has deformed the disks? Will be burning another one tonight.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...