AVIC411.com

XM Updating Please Wait

Allways getting a "XM UPDATING PLEASE WAIT" Box?

This error is caused when the data cable is connected to the D1 and you have not subscribed to XM NavTraffic. Software Version 1.2 fixes this problem, and is avaiable from pioneer after registering your unit.

:D I've had my AVIC-D1 for about six weeks. I had the same problem with the "XM updating, please wait" message. Like Jason stated, there's a new Version 1.2 software available for the AVIC-D1. To get the software, you must register your AVIC-D1 through the Pioneer web site. Pioneer states they won't support their radios purchased off the internet from an "unauthorized" Pioneer dealer. I purchased mine off the internet, not sure if it was an "authorized" dealer or not. I registered my radio through the Pioneer site. It's been over five weeks and I'm still waiting for the software update. I spoke to Pioneer tech support, I was assured the software would be sent out shortly. I've seen some of the new AVIC-D1 Version 1.2 software for sell on eBay. Has anyone received the new version 1.2 from Pioneer yet? By the way, if you have the XM/NAV traffic receiver connected to your AVIC-D1, disconnect the data cable. This will disable the "XM updating" message.
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wonding if anyone has run into this problem? I disconnected the Data cable from the Nav-traffic module to get rid of the xm updating issue until my 1.2 disc arrived and since I had to pull the whole dash apart (didn't know where tweeter installed the module) I figured I would go ahead and do the E-brake by-pass so I would have full functionality of the head unit.

Once I got everything back together my updating message was gone but but I also have had intermittent XM recption ever since. I have since reconnected the data cable, and upgraded to the 1.2 and still have very poor xm reception. Was this due to the by-pass. I have performed a reset on the xm module as well as the head unit and also upgraded to the d2 (last night). Still the same issue with the XM.

I am very reluctant to pull the head unit back out and undo the e-brak mod as the rats nest of wiring they left behind wsa a royal nightmare. Has anyone else experienced or am I just stuck with pulling the thing out and tracing the wires or go back to pre mod?

PS... I learned the hard expensive way not to let Tweeter install anything in my vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...