AVIC411.com

Daylight Savings GPS time

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I noticed that too. I guess the GPS software does not recognize the changes to daylight savings time mandated by congress in 2007 moving the time change from April to March. I turned off the auto correction and reset my time zone, and the correct time showed up. I wonder if in April the GPS will catch up and I can turn auto correction back on. Hmmm. :?

Did it correct accurately in the fall for those who had the units installed?

If it did then perhaps the satellites did not send out a correction signal . . .

If they're grabbing satellite time stamps, they don't send out an offset, they send out GMT, i.e. no offset, it's up to the device to know how much to offset from it, it's why DST is such a pain, it's not even consistent in the US.

Yeah, there were a lot of hotfixes available for WinCE/WinMo devices after 2007 to apply the DST fix (Google search get a lot of hits). Seems Pioneer forgot to apply MS' patch to the WinCE 5 image they gave us.

Let's see now: unit goes on sale in '08, but is missing an '07 patch and the iGo 8 fix for correct timezone location for some of us (No, Pioneer, I DON'T live in Boise)... Seems they did all their testing in a single geographic location outside the US to me. :roll:

God I wish their engineering department had an external Bugzilla so we could submit bugs for tracking.

In DATA.ZIP, config folder, timezone.ini file. There are instructions on when daylight/standard time starts ;) Down to millisecond, too...

so wtf do i need to change on this??

;name, bias, daylightbias,standardbias, daylight year, month, dayofweek, day, hour, minute, second, millisecond, standard year, month, dayofweek, day, hour, minute, second, millisecond

;See TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION for what's what

timezone = "GMT-5 Eastern US", 300, -60, 0, 0, 3, 0, 2, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 11, 0, 1, 2, 0, 0, 0

In DATA.ZIP, config folder, timezone.ini file. There are instructions on when daylight/standard time starts ;) Down to millisecond, too...

so wtf do i need to change on this??

;name, bias, daylightbias,standardbias, daylight year, month, dayofweek, day, hour, minute, second, millisecond, standard year, month, dayofweek, day, hour, minute, second, millisecond

;See TIME_ZONE_INFORMATION for what's what

timezone = "GMT-5 Eastern US", 300, -60, 0, 0, 3, 0, 2, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 11, 0, 1, 2, 0, 0, 0

I'll check on other forums if anyone has information about this...