AVIC411.com

Daylight Savings GPS time

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contacted Tech Support...

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

I'm sorry for the clock issues. We have reported this to the engineers and they are investigating the issue.

Please make sure you have registered your unit, you will be notified of any update.

Thank You,

Pioneer Support Group

I don't mind the time being wrong, it's just that when I put in a destination and it gives me an ETA I have to do the math... Annoying that's all...

In the meantime, one option is to apply the sys.txt workaround that used to be in the iGo FAQ, then use test mode to set the timezone and time from within the WinCE control panel.

In sys.txt:

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

Assuming that the WinCE 5.0 image already has the DST issue patched you can boot into test mode, update sys.txt, apply your timezone and correct time via Control Panel, remove SD card and then cycle ACC. I think a reset would likely clear the setting...

Simply amazing. When satellites are launched they have to purposely set the clock wrong due to time dilation (see of Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity). Apparently by not doing so the GPS would be useless.

Yet, they can't get the DST thing down :shock:

I - too - found that the unit was resetting back to auto (and the wrong time) every time I restarted it, after trying to manually set the time.

I just told the unit I was in the wrong timezone (Atlantic time instead of EST) and it works just fine. I have a feeling that some time in April its going to be an hour fast instead, but at that point I'll switch it back.

Not a big enough deal to worry about.

I - too - found that the unit was resetting back to auto (and the wrong time) every time I restarted it, after trying to manually set the time.

I just told the unit I was in the wrong timezone (Atlantic time instead of EST) and it works just fine. I have a feeling that some time in April its going to be an hour fast instead, but at that point I'll switch it back.

Not a big enough deal to worry about.

True, it is not an issue that turns the unit into a brick, but it is something that should have been caught already. When the DST time changed many systems had similar issues - but two years later it is common knowledge that it must be addressed when programming.

The fact is someone dropped the ball who should not have.