AVIC411.com

New here and just recieved my damage Avic-D2. The small round knob on the lower left side of the face plate was broken off in shipping. Has this happened to anyone else? Now i am sure its going to be months before i get my money back or an undamaged unit. The retailer is going to blame UPS and UPS is going to blame the retailer for the poor packing. I paid the $3 dollar insurance that was optional but doubt they really did insure it. Anyone know how to verify if they did or didn't?
HIFIaudioonline
3 dollars insurance
They did ship it fast, but it was damaged.
I still don't have a new one yet, they told me i have to wait untill UPS contacts them. I say why do i have to suffer and wait for a new one, its between ups and them. If they don't ship a new one by friday i am canceling payment on my credit card.
in all honesty, ups doesnt contact them.. they are suppose to call ups. And in their defense, how do they know it is damaged? How do they know your being honest? They need confirmation that it is broken, and that ups will honor their insurance. That is how business is. But by you canceling your cc payment, that is a bit unfair for the retailer. Now, if they say they wont work with you or dont respond, thats another story.
120 days is the magic number for credit card chargebacks. If you are going to have a charge reversed, it would be best to do it around the 60 range. The earlier the better. The reason being that when you charge back the transaction, the vendor can dispute it. If that happens then you have another chance to submit it again as an appeal. It is a 3 step process until the item is "dead". So the idea is not to let this process go over 120 days. After 120 there is no recourse. Good luck:)
While that sounds true in part, the part about handleing it before the time to handle it has pass is the point to take from this discussion.

It appears you are suggesting that the merchant has a right to dispute the chargeback (which is kind of true) and that if you wait long enough they loose the chance, or time to dispute the chargeback. This is a little confusing as the true process is that you would purchase something, get it or not, inspect it, find that you feel you have a claim and report it to the cc. The cc then goes and files the chargeback, the merchant has the same amount of time to respond with regards to your claim to get your money back. Thats right, even if you file the charge back on the last possible day (119 day in the example above) they still have the same amount of time to send in their documentation and prove their side of things. In addition they are CHARGED a fee usually for this chargeback process. This fee is charged no matter if they win and the charge is kept, or they loose and you get you money back.

Something to keep in mind also, cc are not in the habit of doing chargebacks based upon your dislike for the merchant. Nor do they typically do it if you authorized the purchase AND got the item, but just was not working. That is a warranty issue and would fall back on their warranty policy. Now, amex is a little different there as they have a "satisfaction" section for their credit card customer purchases. So, the best bet would be to call cc and find out just what you can do, so you can deal with the sellers with confidence and knowledge.
I don't think i will have any problems with the cc company. I don't even have the unit anymore its back at the merchant. Now they are telling me they are not sending me a new one untill UPS sends them a claim. Well thats all fine and dandy but in the mean time i am out $670 with nothing to show for it. Why should i have to sit around and wait weeks untill ups sends them a claim. The matter is between the mechant and ups. Either the merchant failed to pack the unit correctly or Ups damaged it. I wouldn't be so frustrated if this was a 30 dollar item, but 670 is alot of money to have paid and have nothing to show for it.
welp, actually I dont know specifically but I would assume this policy is built into their system. Meaning when you purchased you agreed to their policies. While it may seem unfair if you agreed, it would be even more unfair for you to backtrack now. And so you know, waiting for ups is not out of the ordinary for a company to do. Now, if they wanted to make an exception to "help" you out thats something that they could do but would likely not be 'normal'

as far as the price and shipping cost vrs what you paid, in all honesty you cant bitch because you were willing and probably even thrilled at the total price at the time of purchase. Besides its what I would have expected from such a low ball price and company. Its a time honored tradition that companies make up some lost profit in the shipping, it is how it is.

Maybe tell them that you would really like something to show for your purchase and that its ups's fault, could they help you out please. You never know where kindness will get you, but you do know where being a jerk will.